Pressure points are the center of our body: they promote relaxation and help us relieve some pains. Acupuncture is an ancient technique whose roots go back to China.
Use finger pressure or even the insertion of needles to unlock different energies that cause pain or suffering and stimulate certain areas of our body.
It is possible that many of our readers view this technique with skepticism. However, it never hurts to expand our knowledge, as long as we do it successfully.
You can apply these simple pressure point-based tips to find out if they can help you. They are easy to make and, at the very least, we assure you that they will relax you.
1. Pressure points to relieve menstrual pain
For many women, menstrual pain and associated pains are a real torture. We can certainly use drugs, but you can also stimulate the pressure points associated with menstrual pain if you like.
Here are which areas you need to stimulate:
- With your index finger, apply pressure to the big toe. These nerves are associated with the thyroid glands. Try to exert upward and downward pressure.
- Next, move on to the midfoot, as you can see in the previous image. Apply pressure points in the center and outwards, stimulating the areas that are connected to the organs related to menstrual pain.
- Finally, you will feel great relief if you massage the inside of the leg, 10 cm above the ankle, for at least 10 minutes.
2. Pressure points to relieve headaches
This technique will be very useful for relieving headaches associated with tension and stress. For good results, you will need only 30 seconds per hand. We invite you to put it into practice:
- Start by finding the right spot, the one that will allow you to relieve the headache: it is in the line between your little finger and the beginning of the wrist.
- Once located, apply pressure for no more than 30 seconds. After that, repeat the squeeze in the other hand.
- If you want another person to exert this pressure, tell them how to do it by looking at the upper picture.
3. Pressure points to relieve nausea
Nausea, dizziness… There are days when we don’t feel very well, perhaps because we have low blood pressure, because we ate badly or because of atmospheric factors, for example due to high temperatures. However, if you are not feeling very well during the day, try these simple steps:
- The point you need to work on is called the pericardium. It is related to important organs such as the stomach and head, and will allow you to relieve headaches and pains such as carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Locate the spot: To relieve nausea and pain, place your fingers on the two major tendons on the inside of the wrist.
- Use your index and middle fingers to apply pressure for 2 minutes.
4. Pressure points to relieve fatigue
It is one of the easiest to locate: the third eye, the point located exactly between the eyes and the nasal septum.
- Use your middle finger to apply pressure for 20 seconds. Press and then rest for 10 minutes. After that, repeat the treatment again.
- You can include this simple practice throughout the day to relieve eye or physical fatigue and fight insomnia.
- Do not hesitate and practice this technique if you spend a lot of time in front of the computer.
To conclude, every day, to combat these pains, we usually resort to drugs. If you decide to opt for alternative techniques, go for acupuncture.
It is a simple technique, which serves to stimulate blood circulation, relax the muscles and balance the energies of the body. How about trying?