People who struggle daily with excess pounds find a valuable help in specific natural drinks with useful properties to achieve their goal. However, we must say that they must be consumed as part of a healthy lifestyle.
While their effects may not miraculously burn fat, drinking them daily can help maintain good hydration levels, stimulate urination, eliminate excess fluids and improve metabolic functions to optimize energy consumption.
Among other things, these drinks are useful for increasing energy, feeling full and, consequently, avoiding nibbling at all hours, they help to control the anxiety that involves ingesting unhealthy foods in excessive quantities ( such as snacks, sweets and carbonated drinks).
Here we want to share with you 5 good options that could contribute to your weight loss.
Recommendations before consuming these drinks useful for weight loss
- Avoid adding sugar and sweeteners.
- If you want to give a sweeter and more intense touch, use foods such as bananas, papaya, apples or oats.
- Remember to moderate your consumption as part of a balanced diet.
- Do not consume these drinks as a substitute for main meals. They are complements, not complete sources of nutrients.
- In addition, you could choose a handful of sunflower, chia, flax, pumpkin, etc.
- Do not hesitate to combine fruit with vegetables and greens ; the result can be much more pleasant and tasty than you think. Try it!
- You can create your own variant of this drink, depending on your tastes.
1. Grapefruit juice
Grapefruit juice is a summer option that, in addition to being very refreshing, can help you get rid of inflammation and lose weight. All this, of course, within the framework of a healthy lifestyle.
- Juice from 3 grapefruits
- 1/2 glass of water (100 ml)
- Choice: 1 teaspoon of honey (5 g)
- Extract the grapefruit juice and mix it with half a glass of hot water.
- If you want, add a touch of honey (a scant teaspoon).
- Serve and drink in moderation.
2. Jamaica water
Jamaica water is another drink useful for staying hydrated, losing weight and, at the same time, cooling off without having to drink industrial sodas. With a delicious natural flavor, if you prefer, you can add a touch of lemon.
- Flowers of Jamaica (30 g).
- 3 cups of water (750 ml).
- Optionally: lemon juice.
- Boil the water in a saucepan.
- Bring the infusion to a boil and let it boil for about 10 minutes, over low heat. You can cover the pot with a lid if you prefer.
- Turn off the heat, let it cool for about 15 minutes and filter with the help of a colander.
- Optionally, you can add a touch of lemon, to make the drink even more refreshing.
3. Infusion of cinnamon and bay leaf
Cinnamon tea is another option to drink in place of any industrial cola. To prepare it, follow the recipe or prepare your own variant, with the ingredients you prefer.
NB: in some cases cinnamon is contraindicated. Be well informed about it to avoid unwanted effects.
- 1 cinnamon stick.
- 1 cup of water (250 ml).
- Optionally: bay leaves (5 g).
- Boil a pentilo of water.
- When it starts boiling, add the cinnamon stick.
- Cook for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Lower the heat and cook for another 10 minutes with a lid.
- Then, add the bay leaves (if you like) and turn off the heat.
- Filter and serve when it has cooled down.
4. Papaya and oat smoothie
This papaya and oat smoothie has highly satiating value, thanks to its fiber content of these two ingredients. To prepare it, follow the recipe.
- 1 glass of water (250 ml).
- 3 slices of ripe papaya.
- 3 tablespoons of oats (30 g)
- Cut the papaya slices into cubes and add them to the oats and water in the blender.
- Blend everything for a few moments until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Serve adding a spoonful of honey to sweeten. Drink in moderation.
5. White tea
White tea is known to be the “woman’s drink”, and this is because in addition to offering antioxidants, it contributes to general well-being. Plus, it’s a good alternative to industrial sodas.
- 1 tablespoon of white tea (5 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Add a tablespoon of white tea to a cup of water and bring the drink to a boil.
- Let it simmer for 2 minutes and then remove it from the heat.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes and then strain the infusion with the help of a colander.
- Serve and consume in moderation.
Forget rigid diets!
Are you trying to lose weight? Stop putting yourself on crash diets ! Add these drinks to your balanced meal plan and experience the effects on your body for yourself.
Remember that none of these preparations in themselves help you lose weight, because you must always consume them as part of a healthy lifestyle.
If you are unsure how to follow a diet that suits your needs, consult a nutritionist.