Even if you may have read that absolute rest can be useful, to eliminate gas in a natural way, the ideal is to do light exercises to alleviate the discomfort.
Gases are the result of the breakdown of food. They can be present in the intestine in a mild or more intense form and sometimes cause acute pain.
It is a widespread problem, often annoying for those who suffer from it, but which usually does not lead to complications. Therefore, it is easy to find relief in exercises such as the ones we are about to show you.
Types of intestinal gas and causes
Gases can occur in two ways. The first is belching, among the causes of which we find:
- Consumption of chewing gum.
- Habit of eating too quickly.
- Tendency to ingest too much air from the mouth (air that passes into the digestive tract), especially if we talk while we eat.
Another gas formation is flatulence, generated by food in the lower part of the digestive system.
Among the foods that favor the production of flatulence we remember:
- Dried fruit.
These foods can make the digestive system a bit difficult, causing a sense of discomfort and more of an embarrassing situation.
Exercises to eliminate intestinal gas
These exercises can be performed by adults and children without any problems. The most important thing is to keep the body moving so that the gases can move and eventually be expelled from the body.
1. Bicycling helps eliminate intestinal gas
It is an activity that is enjoyed by many, regardless of age. You can pedal outdoors or, if you prefer, on an exercise bike; it also depends on the time available to you.
With these movements we can activate the stomach and, consequently, expel gas more easily. A fun way to get rid of an annoying problem.
2. Position of the bow against intestinal gas
Dhanurasana or bow pose is another yoga exercise that is very useful for eliminating gases. It helps to strengthen the muscles and gives relief because it helps relieve flatulence and constipation. Yoga is also ideal for eliminating gases that plague during the menstrual cycle.
Besides, yoga also serves to eliminate the gases produced by menstrual colic. To perform this position, all you have to do is lie on your stomach, with your arms at your sides, while your legs are also stretched.
- Bend your knees by bringing your feet forward so that you can grasp your ankles with your hands.
- Hold the position for a few seconds and you will be able to obtain important results.
3. The position of the child
Get rid of gas in a completely natural way with the position of the child. You can do it by getting on your knees, bring your torso forward and stretching your arms. Maintain the position for at least 30 seconds.
- An equally effective variation of this exercise: lie on your back, raise your legs and flex your knees.
- Grab your feet with your hands and swing for 30 seconds. Really effective in eliminating gases.
4. Rotation of the pelvis
This is another simple exercise to do and very useful if intestinal gas is your problem.
- Lie on your back in a comfortable place, with your knees slightly bent. The arms are stretched to the sides of the head.
- Rock your pelvis, moving your knees from side to side. You only have to move your legs, keeping your torso and shoulders still.
- As you perform this movement, breathe slowly. All you have to do is move your legs, trying to keep your torso and shoulders still.
5. Position of the cobra
A great yoga position to eliminate gas. Lie on your stomach on a comfortable surface; place your toes on the ground and your palms at shoulder height.
- Extend your arms each time you inhale, slowly pulling your chest off the floor and keeping the rest of your body still.
- While performing the movement, keep your buttocks contracted. Maintain this position for at least 30 seconds, always breathing through your nose.
Eliminate gas naturally by moving!
As you have seen, with a little movement we can get rid of intestinal gas. Obviously keep in mind that you will have to do some light and slow exercises. There is no rush.
Devote some of your time to these exercises: they will help you eliminate intestinal gas and avoid discomfort and embarrassment. If you want to feel even better, prepare a delicious digestive infusion at the end of the session.