Cellulite is an excessive increase in fatty tissue that usually concentrates in the legs, buttocks, abdomen and other visible parts of the body. In this article we want to teach you how to fight the problem.
This blemish is considered one of the most feared aesthetic nightmares of women, since it can affect anyone, regardless of the type of constitution and weight.
Although it is not a real disease, because it does not directly compromise our physical health, many women are constantly looking for an effective way to reduce it, to try to make their skin look better .
Although more than 90% of women suffer from this problem, this has always been considered a serious imperfection to which a solution must be found. Fortunately, fighting cellulite is not an impossible task.
It has been proven that good nutrition and the constant and regular practice of physical exercise can reduce the unsightly orange peel effect on the skin, so that the latter can return to being smooth and firm.
Even if the effects of sports and nutrition are not immediately visible, it is worth including these healthy habits in your routine to benefit from them.
Since we know that for many women cellulite is a bitter enemy, below we want to share with you six exercises that will help us fight this annoying skin blemish. Come on, try them too!
Exercises to fight cellulite
Considered among the best exercises to tone and firm the whole lower body, squats can never be missing in crossfit sessions and other types of training. They are especially designed for strengthening the thighs and buttocks, but they also help burn calories and reduce sagging.
How you do it
- The level of difficulty varies depending on the posture and the loads you want to use (weights or dumbbells).
- To start, it is best to perform a series of exercises performed in the traditional way, that is, flexing the knees and lowering the buttocks as if we wanted to sit down, keeping the back straight.
- Once you have acquired sufficient resistance, you can start using weights and dumbbells, or introduce variations, such as jumping or leaning the back forward.
2. Front lunges
To combat cellulite, front lunges are great. These are exercises that allow us to tone the buttocks and legs. They are especially designed to work and develop the quadriceps, hamstrings and glutes, so they are very effective for strengthening and firming.
How you do it
- In a standing position, with your back straight, bring your right foot forward and your left foot back.
- With your weight falling on your left foot, flex your right leg until it forms a 90 degree angle, while your left leg also comes down, but without touching the floor with your knee.
- The knee of the right leg must not cross the line of the foot, to avoid injury.
- With your torso erect, contract your abdominal muscles and hold the position for at least five seconds.
- Return to the starting position and repeat the exercise with the other leg.
- For good results, at least 10-15 repetitions are recommended.
The step is an ideal type of exercise to increase the resistance of the legs and to tone the buttocks.
How you do it
- Step onto the step (it can also be a stool or bench, as long as it is stable), leaving your heels out.
- Stand on tiptoe and then return to the starting position, always maintaining balance.
- Complete three sets of 15 reps each.
Since cellulite can also focus on the belly, it is convenient to include a set of abs in our daily exercise session as well.
How you do it?
- Stretched out on a yoga mat, place your feet on the ground and bend your knees.
- With your hands behind your head, contract your abdomen and slowly rise towards your knees, being careful not to strain your back.
- Return to the starting position, taking care to descend very slowly, breathe and repeat twenty times.
5. Streching and balance
This exercise consists in maintaining the balance of the body while stretching the legs, which is why it requires a lot of resistance. Since it tones the buttocks and legs, it is also a good alternative to fight cellulite in these areas.
How you do it
- On your stomach, on a yoga mat, place your palms and toes on the floor.
- Then, without bending your knees, lift one leg so that it is parallel to the floor.
- Hold the position for three seconds, bring the leg down and repeat the exercise with the other leg.
- Repeat the sequence 15-20 times.
- With each leg stretch, contract the abdomen and concentrate the effort in the buttocks.
6. Lateral leg raise with elastic
Another great exercise to fight cellulite. It is necessary to have an elastic training band, as it is essential to be able to maintain a correct posture during the performance and also to apply greater strength.
How you do it?
- Lying on your right side, put the elastic around your ankles and straighten your legs.
- Keeping the pelvis still, raise the left leg to the maximum, opposing resistance to the elastic band.
- During the exercise, keep your legs straight, without bending the knee, hold the position for five seconds and then slowly come down.
- Repeat 15-20 times, then switch sides and repeat the series with the left leg.
Are you ready to start the battle against cellulite? All you have to do is start practicing these exercises regularly to see results quickly after just a few weeks.
Obviously it should not be forgotten that these exercises alone cannot work miracles: a healthy diet rich in water must also be followed, since it is necessary to stimulate the elimination of toxins from the body.