The rice is one of the most consumed foods in the world. It is also the second most produced cereal and can be used in many ways, depending on our specific needs.
In the aesthetic field, however, this cereal is central to the care and regeneration of the layers that form human skin.
Today on our blog we want to share a series of contributions that make rice an essential ingredient to make natural exfoliants.
Don’t forget that, as mentioned at the beginning, this particular grain is incredibly versatile and has been used since ancient times.
For example, in Japan it was common for some women to wash their hands and wet their hair in the waters that characterize rice plants when selecting rice grains. The result was shine, softness and a more delicate and beautiful appearance in the hands.
So, as you can see, the contribution of rice is not limited only to the gastronomic sector. It also has multiple cosmetic uses, particularly as an exfoliant.
In this sense it acts directly on the excess fat of the skin. When applied to the face, it regenerates dead cells, brings softness and a youthful appearance, not to mention its power to neutralize the acid pH, which is largely related to the appearance of acne.
Well, we want to make known 6 combinations of rice with other natural products, able to enhance its wonderful exfoliating properties. Trust us, when it comes to skin care, rice is a real gem.
6 rice-based exfoliants
Find out how such a simple ingredient can make a big difference:
1. Rice-based exfoliant
Are you at home and have time to do some tweaks but don’t want to spend too much? Are you also eager to find a recipe useful to eliminate annoying blackheads and acne, as well as counteract the deterioration of the quality of the skin of the face? Below we propose an effective and simple way to combat all these “problems”:
- 50 gr. of unwashed white rice
- 1 tablespoon of organic coconut oil
- Take the rice, grind it until it becomes a powder and mix it with a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- After obtaining a homogeneous mix, rub in circular motions all over the face.
- Let the cream act for 5 to 10 minutes, then rinse and withdraw.
- Use it 2 or 3 times a week and you will notice the difference.
2. Exfoliating with rice and honey
At this point you will be very curious and we understand it perfectly. Be careful! Both honey and rice are wonderful ingredients for skin care. Both have incredible rejuvenating properties that will bring remarkable beauty to the whole skin. Find out how to prepare this exfoliant using these two elements:
- 50 gr. of organic brown rice powder (the rice must contain the bran)
- 6 tablespoons of whole organic brown rice
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of cow’s milk fed green fodder (without hormones).
- Cook the 6 tablespoons of brown rice with plenty of water.
- Grind the 50 gr. of organic rice together with the cooked rice and mix until you get a cream without lumps.
- The water will be used to eliminate, as far as possible, the lumps.
- Add the spoonful of honey and mix.
- Then, with all the ingredients correctly mixed, add the spoonful of cow’s milk and stir.
- When all the ingredients are well integrated and you have obtained a cream, let it rest until the product has cooled down.
- Apply with firm but circular movements on the skin of the face. Rinse and repeat the application 2 or 3 times a week.
3. Rice and oat-based exfoliant
Ideal for softening and treating skin that has suffered damage from acne or sun spots.
- 1 cup of rice
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 4 cups of mineral water
- 5 drops of an essential oil of your choice
- If the rice is not organic, the best thing to do would be to wash it.
- Take the rice and oats, put them in water and leave them to soak for at least 6 hours.
- Filter well to remove all the water.
- Add the drops of essential oil and mix manually.
- Keep the product in a glass container and put it in the fridge.
4. Exfoliating with rice flour
The known benefits of this cereal come not only from the grain as such. In the ground version (like flour), its properties are maintained. Learn how to make this exfoliant at home.
- 2 tablespoons of rice flour
- 4 tablespoons of water
- Mix the rice flour with the water until it forms a compact dough. To do this, mix the two ingredients with the help of a spoon.
- Apply the resulting mask to your clean face and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- After this time, remove the mixture with plenty of warm water and you will get wonderful skin.
5. Exfoliating with sugar and rice
Yes, just as you read. The healthy and cosmetic benefits of sugar, along with the properties of rice, result in one of the best exfoliants for the face. Here’s how to prepare it:
- 2 tablespoons of refined white sugar
- 6 tablespoons of organic white rice
- 3 small cups of water
- Place the cups of water and the spoons of sugar in a container.
- Cook the 6 tablespoons of rice over low heat. Once the product is ready, wait for it to cool.
- Mix the ingredients very well using an electric mixer. Let it sit for about an hour.
- Apply to the face and start making circular movements. Finally rinse.
6. Rice milk as an exfoliant
This trick is absolutely simple and recommended to provide hydration and eliminate excess fat and dead cells in the skin of the face. Here both milk and rice play an important role in washing the face and supplying it with elements such as vitamin E and D, which are essential for skin regeneration.
Well, using these cooked ingredients can lead to problems. Remember that every skin has its own well-defined pH, that is, it is impossible to calculate the amount of acidic or neutral agents simply by observing. In this case it is better to use milk together with rice in its raw version.
- A glass of milk
- 1/2 tablespoon of rice
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix without cooking for about 10 minutes.
- Then apply the product with your hands on the face and start massaging with circular movements.
- Rinse with plenty of water and repeat the process if necessary.