Sweating is a natural body process whose purpose is to eliminate liquids, toxins and other substances that accumulate in the body.
Each person has more than two million sweat glands responsible for transpiring through the skin, mostly in areas such as the armpits, feet and palms of the hands.
This secretion is responsible for regulating body temperature and levels of urea and essential amino acids.
The problem arises when you sweat excessively, possibly due to a hormonal imbalance, thyroid problems, or some alterations in the nervous system.
This condition is called hyperhidrosis and its presence could be so annoying as to undermine the quality of life of those who suffer from it.
Fortunately, there are some tricks that help keep it under control by avoiding bad smells and other symptoms associated with it.
If you want to know more, don’t miss this article!
1. Drink sage tea against excessive sweating
Sage tea is a natural drink that helps regulate hormonal and sweat gland activity, counteracting excessive sweating.
- 5 tablespoons of dried sage (50 g)
- 1 liter of water
How to prepare it
- Boil 1 liter of water, pour it into a pitcher and add five tablespoons of dried sage.
- Afterwards, let everything rest for 20 minutes, strain and drink.
- You can drink up to five cups a day.
2. Limit the consumption of spicy foods
People who suffer from excessive sweating should avoid the consumption of spicy condiments such as chilli, curry and chili. These foods, in fact, increase the sensation of heat in the body by influencing perspiration.
3. Use baking soda and lemon
A pasty mixture elaborated with baking soda and lemon will allow you to abandon the anti-perspirant deodorants on the market.
These ingredients contain antibacterial and exfoliating substances that reduce the presence of germs, dead cells and other agents that cause bad odors and excessive sweating.
In addition, they regulate the natural pH of the skin, which is essential to solve this annoying problem.
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda (10 g)
- The juice of ½ lemon
How to prepare it
- Moisten the baking soda with lemon juice and use this compound to massage the areas prone to excessive sweating.
- Then leave it on for 10 minutes and rinse.
- Avoid exposing yourself to the sun as it may cause unwanted effects.
4. Drink water and ice against excessive sweating
Daily consumption of water and ice is a simple way to calm hot flashes and excessive sweating caused by a hormonal imbalance.
This drink prevents problems such as dehydration of the body from occurring, but it also helps regulate the internal temperature of the body.
5. Apple cider vinegar and rosemary based deodorant
The natural deodorant based on apple cider vinegar and rosemary is an excellent solution against this annoying problem as it neutralizes bad odors and regulates excessive sweating produced by the sweat glands.
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (40 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of rosemary (10 g)
- 1 tablespoon of thyme (10 g)
How to prepare it
- Boil the water and add the thyme and rosemary.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes and then strain it.
- Next, add the apple cider vinegar and pour the liquid into a nebulizer.
- Spray the mixture on the areas that sweat the most and let it absorb.
6. Wear comfortable clothes
Soft clothes, made with natural materials such as cotton, are the most suitable for those who suffer from hyperhidrosis.
These garments allow proper air circulation, reduce hot flashes and help keep the body cool all day.
7. Apply tea tree essential oil
The essential oil of the tea tree is a powerful antiseptic and an effective deodorant that reduces the presence of bacteria and bad odors in the areas of greatest transpiration. Furthermore, its use regulates the pH of the skin and decreases the excess secretion by the sweat glands.
How to use it
- Soak a cotton ball with a few drops of tea tree oil and rub it on your armpits and feet.
- You can use it up to twice a day.
- Avoid excessive and direct use as it could be aggressive.
Put all these simple tricks into practice and say goodbye to the annoyances caused by excessive sweating that comes at the least opportune moments.