The liver is one of the most important organs in the body and its functions are essential for enjoying a good quality of life. One of these is to avoid the accumulation of toxins.
It has the task of filtering the blood to eliminate residues that the body does not need and, at the same time, it participates in metabolic functions and in the production of some hormones.
It also plays an important role in the synthesis of carbohydrates and lipids and in the storage of various vitamins essential for health.
Just like other organs, however, it is exposed to a wide variety of factors that can interfere with its functioning.
Although it works constantly to keep itself clean, the buildup of toxins can prevent it from performing its functions optimally. For this reason, it is important to be alert to any anomalies, taking action as soon as possible on the symptoms that indicate that something is not working correctly.
In this article we want to highlight the 8 most important symptoms so that you do not have doubts to intervene whenever you identify them.
1. Alteration of urine and faeces
Changes in the color and odor of urine and feces can warn of possible liver malfunction.
Although these phenomena may also depend on a digestive or urinary infection, a large number of cases have to do with liver problems.
- The urine of a healthy person has a pale yellow color, while that of a patient with jaundice has a dark color.
- Similarly, stools that are too dark or pale in color can be an obvious sign of some problem.
2. Inflamed belly
Although inflammation of the abdomen can result from various health problems, the hypothesis of a liver disorder should not be ruled out.
Persistent colic, gas buildup and a feeling of heaviness are common among those suffering from a buildup of toxins in the liver.
3. Skin problems
Toxins accumulated in excess in the liver often have negative consequences on skin health.
- Unexplained irritation, dryness and acne are signs that should alert us to the problems this organ may suffer from due to excessive accumulation of toxins.
- Although some topical treatments can relieve or curb them, it is necessary to detoxify the liver to make them disappear completely.
4. Acidity and gastric reflux: symptoms of toxin accumulation
Stomach acidity and gastroesophageal reflux are common symptoms among those used to ingesting copious and irritating dishes.
Despite this, in some cases it is necessary to analyze their true origin, since they can also manifest themselves as reactions to the presence of toxins in the liver.
5. Physical and mental fatigue
Physical and mental fatigue can be the result of daily physical exertion or the practice of unhealthy habits.
However, when it occurs recurrently and for no apparent reason, it can indicate liver problems.
Numbness, difficulty concentrating, and physical debilitation can result from blood problems caused by excess toxins.
6. Water retention: consequence of the accumulation of toxins
Excess inflammation in the tissues can be the result of water retention that occurs due to a malfunction of the liver system.
- Although this symptom is quite common among patients with kidney disease, it can also appear due to the excessive accumulation of toxins in the liver.
- Most cases are manifested by the well-known swelling of the limbs and abdomen.
7. Jaundice among symptoms of toxin accumulation
Yellowish skin results from a disorder known as jaundice and its origin is the accumulation of bilirubin.
This pigment produced by bile, which plays a very important role in the digestive process, can be retained in the body due to the liver having difficulty filtering blood residues.
8. Decrease or loss of appetite
Loss of appetite is a symptom that can appear due to various illnesses or emotional circumstances. However, due attention should be paid to it, as in some cases it can indicate the presence of liver disease.
The most worrying thing is that it can generate serious complications as it leads to the development of nutritional deficiencies.
Do you suffer from any of the symptoms mentioned? In this case, adopt a diet to detoxify the body and increase the consumption of water and purifying drinks.
If symptoms persist, consult a doctor.