Millions of people lead sedentary lives ignoring its health consequences. Although its effects have been discussed several times, many underestimate the damage it causes over time. In this article we will give you some tips for a healthier life.
Multiple work commitments, excessive stress and electronic devices have been the reasons why many have adopted unhealthy habits that damage physical and mental well-being.
The most worrying fact is that many ignore the signals that their body sends and over time find themselves having to deal with ailments and diseases that reduce their quality of life.
For this reason it is very important to adopt healthy lifestyles with which to enjoy a fuller existence with fewer worries. Below we share in detail 6 simple recommendations that we can all apply to lead a healthier life . Let’s follow them!
Tips for a healthier life
1. Plan your day
When you take a few minutes to plan the activities to do during the day, you can evaluate how much time is left for yourself.
Much of our time will be devoted to work activities and housework, but there are almost always a few free minutes to exercise or eat healthy.
Tips and tricks
- We write in a diary everything we have to do during the day, calculating how long it takes.
- We try to optimize our activities from the first moment we wake up and every morning we reflect on the fact that we will live a different day.
2. We activate the body and mind
There are dozens of activities that allow you to activate your body and mind at the same time. Thanks to these we fight the negative effects of a sedentary lifestyle and improve our physical and mental productivity.
Going for a walk or practicing yoga are some examples of the physical activities we can do to create this balance in our body. In addition to improving physical health, they will relax the mind.
Tips and tricks
- Let’s get up 15 or 20 minutes earlier than usual and take advantage of this time to do the physical activity we like best.
- If we have more time during the day, we go to the gym or plan other activities at home.
3. We adopt a balanced diet for a healthier life
A healthy diet is one that, in its proper measure, contains all groups of nutrients. Although “miracle” diets have been conceived for many years, today it is clear that it is important to consume all foods.
If we have any doubts about how to eat better, we can consult a nutritionist. In general, we must keep in mind that it would be better to choose organic foods, including fruits and vegetables, sources of carbohydrates, fatty acids and lean meats.
- We increase our daily consumption of fruits, vegetables and lean meats.
- We moderate the consumption of fats and carbohydrates, without however eliminating them from the diet.
- We minimize the consumption of salt, refined sugars and processed products.
4. Cooking at home for a healthier life
Have we ever wondered how much money can be saved if we cook at home? And not only that, by spending more time preparing our dishes, we will be able to be more aware of the food we are eating.
We explore our cuisine by bringing our cooking skills to the surface and discover in an instant how good it is for the body and, therefore, for the weight.
- Let’s start with simple and healthy recipes that don’t take too long.
- We prepare many salads, smoothies and steamed and grilled meats.
5. Walk whenever possible
If we don’t have enough time to train regularly, we can choose to walk as often as possible. Instead of always using the car, we walk to work or to the supermarket.
While not physically demanding, walking improves joint health, circulation, and other important body functions.
- Let’s take 20 to 30 minutes for an outdoor walk. This activity frees us from stress and improves our physical health.
- If we have the opportunity, we walk instead of using the car or other means of transport. The more we walk the better.
6. We consume more herbal teas and infusions
Did you know that herbal infusions help detoxify your body? These low-calorie drinks promote the elimination of toxins retained in the blood and, in turn, are ideal for weight loss. There are many recipes to enjoy every day and we can take them as a healthy supplement to our diet.
- Let’s prepare an infusion with our favorite plant and consume it on an empty stomach or in the morning.
- Some recommended options are ginger, chamomile, mint, fenugreek, and cinnamon, among others.
Do we want a healthier life? If we still move little or if we have bad habits, let’s immediately start putting these tips into practice and we will be able to verify the fantastic benefits.