Have you ever thought that you can use aspirin on your hair? We are so used to commercial hair care products that we ignore the existence of other alternatives to nourish and strengthen our hair.
Advertising and the wide variety of cosmetics have led us to think that chemical treatments are the best option to keep hair in good condition and safe from any kind of problem.
However, long before the cosmetics industry flooded the market with its offerings, women were using ingredients they had on hand to relieve dryness, dandruff and all the problems that affect the hair.
Well, today many women are starting to use the old recipes again and appreciate the excellent effects.
Among them we find a natural mask that uses the properties of aspirin to alleviate the alterations of the scalp and stimulates hair growth.
What are the benefits of aspirin for hair?
Aspirin is one of the most widely used analgesics and anticoagulants in the world. It is no coincidence that almost everyone keeps it at home.
Doctors recommend it to combat pain and general discomfort, but it also reduces fever and protects cardiovascular health.
Its active ingredient, salicylic acid, greatly reduces the risk of heart attack and blood clotting for people with circulatory problems.
In addition to its various benefits as a drug, aspirin has also been used for cosmetic purposes that take advantage of the benefits provided by the substances that compose it.
Administered topically, it deeply cleanses the hair and removes the fungi that cause dandruff and dryness.
Activates the circulation of the scalp and cellular oxygenation so that the hair grows without difficulty.
Furthermore, this product can count on an exfoliating action that helps to eliminate dead cells to improve the absorption of nutrients and strengthen the follicles.
How to prepare an aspirin-based treatment for healthy hair?
To take full advantage of the hair benefits offered by this drug, we can prepare a simple treatment for daily use.
- 3 aspirins
- 3 tablespoons of shampoo (30 g)
What needs to be done?
- Put the three aspirins in a mortar and grind them to a powder.
- Add 3 tablespoons of your usual shampoo and mix them with the aspirins until everything is perfectly blended.
- When you are in the shower, moisten your hair and apply the product until it is completely covered.
- Let it sit for five minutes and rinse as you usually do.
- If you want, you can then proceed to apply your favorite conditioner.
How do you make an aspirin-based hair lotion?
This aspirin-based lotion is used to bring out the natural tone of your hair and reduce the negative effects caused by climatic aggressions
It is also recommended for those who usually dye their hair and want to recover their original color.
- 8 aspirins
- ½ liter of water
What needs to be done?
- Powder the aspirins and mix them with half a liter of hot water.
- Pour the liquid into a spray bottle and spray the lotion all over your hair.
- Repeat the application every evening.
- Keep in mind that you must shake the product before use because aspirin tends to settle on the bottom of the container.
To keep in mind!
- The effects of these aspirin treatments can vary from person to person. They often vary according to hair type and lifestyle.
- We recommend that you include them regularly in your beauty routine for good results.
- It is helpful to increase the intake of water and foods rich in biotin, vitamin E and protein.
- To avoid possible allergic reactions, it is important to try the product in one area of the scalp. Only then can you proceed to apply it in its entirety. If you feel it causes irritation or itching, avoid using it.
Have you ever imagined taking care of your hair with aspirin? Now that you know all the benefits it brings to your hair, don’t hesitate to use it by following these tips.
Although its effects do not manifest immediately, after a few days, you will notice that your hair will be clean, silky and not damaged.