Today we offer you a recipe to prepare the aubergine cream; a delicious and different way to consume this vegetable and enjoy their properties.
The aubergine cream is an easy dish to prepare, ideal for those who always have the minutes counted.
Arabic style eggplant cream
Introducing eggplant into your daily diet is a good way to get more essential nutrients. While not as popular as other types of vegetables, it is a food that provides vitamins, phenolics, and antioxidants, as an article in the Food Chemistry journal indicates .
Thanks to this, it is among the healthy ingredients, in several respects. It is also easy to prepare and its flavor pairs perfectly with other foods. To prepare this delicious dish of Middle Eastern cuisine, we will need the following ingredients:
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 eggplants
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin (2 g)
- ½ glass of tahini (120 ml)
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice (45 ml)
- ½ teaspoon of red paprika (2 g)
- Olive oil
- First you need to wash the aubergines properly and cut them into pieces.
- After having crushed them, add the cumin, salt, garlic cloves and tahini. This sesame seed paste, tahini, is used very frequently in dishes from the Arab world and has a delicious flavor and texture.
- After that, we will put pressure on the slices to extract all the juice that they usually have after cooking. In this way, we will avoid a slightly bitter touch.
- Next, we will put them to cook in a pot with the right amount of water and a pinch of salt. In case you do not have enough time to boil them, they can be baked until the peel is black.
- As we mix to mix all the foods well, sprinkle a little olive oil, a little at a time.
- Finally, add the paprika and the tablespoons of lemon juice and mix well.
- As soon as the consistency is soft, we will pass them in the potato masher. In case they have been baked, we will have to remove the blackened peel before this step.
- When the mixture acquires a homogeneous consistency, the dish will be almost ready. It will be enough to season it a little more if necessary and then we can serve it in plates or bowls.
Eggplant cream with potatoes
As a variant of the previous recipe, we show you a method of including potatoes in the eggplant cream. In this way, we will be able to obtain new textures and flavors.
Furthermore, as evidenced by a study published in Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition , potatoes are particularly rich in vitamin C, several B vitamins and potassium.
- 2 potatoes
- 1 eggplant
- 8 green beans
- 1 onion
- ¼ glass of cream cheese (60 ml)
- Olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of sweet paprika (2 g)
- First of all we will peel and wash the potatoes and green beans properly, and we will put them to cook in a pot with enough water and salt. If we wash the potatoes and green beans before peeling them, we can put the peel aside to make a broth and prepare another delicious dish.
- Meanwhile, we peel the eggplant and cut it into slices. We preheat the oven to 190 ºC. In the meantime, place the aubergine slices on a tray with baking paper. We season them with salt and sweet paprika and, when the oven has reached the desired temperature, we bake them for 25 minutes.
- When the potatoes and green beans are ready, we remove them from the pot and cut them into small pieces.
- Separately, peel and cut the onion into cubes. In a pan with a little olive oil, fry the onion pieces and remove them from the heat just before they start to brown.
- After the cooking time has elapsed, remove the aubergines from the oven and put them in the blender together with potatoes, green beans, onion and the necessary amount of oil.
- At this point, add the cream cheese and half a glass of water to get a better consistency. To enhance the flavor, add the cooking water from the potatoes.
- Blend everything until you get a uniform consistency and without lumps.
Completion of the plate and gasket
Once ready, we can serve this delicious aubergine cream in soup plates or bowls. We can add a parsley leaf or sprinkle some raw or lightly toasted sesame seeds on top.
If you like croutons, you can prepare some in a pan with oil or in the oven, and add them to the aubergine cream to add a special touch to the dish. However you eat it, it is a very easy dish to prepare. What are you waiting for to try it?