Making desserts at home is always an excellent opportunity to develop our cooking skills. It’s also the perfect excuse to learn how to make delicious cream cookies.
Moderate consumption of sweets and desserts is always positive, especially if we prepare them, as in the case of these cream biscuits .
Remember when you were little and your whole family used to get together to make chocolate chip cookies, birthday cakes or butter cookies together?
Learning how to make great cream cookies will bring you back to your childhood period, but this time you will be making them from start to finish.
Below we will explain how to prepare this recipe step by step. Before starting, however, you must take into account some aspects regarding the preparation:
- The dough is not sticky and does not adhere to the mold.
- Few ingredients are needed.
- The biscuits cook in a short time.
- It’s a fun way for kids to learn how to make sweets at home.
The reason this cream cookie recipe is good for children is because it prevents them from consuming large amounts of refined sugar, which could have harmful health consequences.
Cooking all together in the family is a great opportunity to introduce children to the world of cooking and pastry. Let us help you! Here is the recipe for cream biscuits.
Cream biscuit recipe
- 480 g of wheat flour suitable for all types of preparations
- 250 ml of liquid cream
- 2 eggs
- 180 g of sugar
- 15 g of yeast in sachet
- 10 g of salt
- Baking paper
Preparation – First part
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, break the eggs and mix them with the sugar until you get a frothy cream.
- Then, little by little add the liquid cream and mix.
- Add the flour and use a fork to mix. You should get a sticky and thick dough.
- Shape into a ball and keep it in the refrigerator for at least an hour. After the rest time has elapsed, you can pick up the dough and start kneading it.
- Cut the dough into 3 parts.
- Cover the work surface with a little flour.
- With the help of a rolling pin roll out the dough. Be sure to flour the surface and the rolling pin from time to time so that the dough does not stick
- Do not roll out the dough too much, otherwise it will be difficult for you to make biscuits.
Preparation – Second part
- To make cookies, use the molds you prefer to cut the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C, setting the heat both above and below.
- Cover the pan with parchment paper and grease it with a little butter or oil.
- Arrange the biscuits and bake them for no more than 10 minutes. At this point the oven will be hot enough to speed up the wholemeal cooking of the biscuits.
- You will have to do several batches until the dough is used up.
- Once cooked, let the biscuits cool and harden before serving.
Avoid milk and butter
In addition to being very healthy, these cream cookies are easy to make and the whole family can join in.
Don’t be tempted to use milk or butter as additional ingredients. It is true that they generally give a good flavor to the preparations, but in this case the original recipe would be altered.
We invite you to prepare your cream biscuits and get help from the little ones of the house. Enjoy them with a good cup of hot coffee or tea. You will like them!