While it is possible to buy expensive creams, many of them contain chemical ingredients that can damage the skin in the long run. That’s why we offer you several recipes below to choose the best DIY night cream for you.
The most effective night cream is the one that increases the level of antioxidants in the skin. It is important that it brings flexibility and shine and that it ensures that we get rid of acne and blemishes.
They meet all needs and, moreover, they are economical. It is possible that some of them may seem a little strange to you, but give them a chance and they will surprise you.
DIY night cream recipes
1. Night cream with aloe vera, milk and olive oil
The first DIY night cream is very simple to prepare. And being rich in vitamins, minerals and essential amino acids, it’s perfect for reducing dark circles.
Aloe vera is a powerful natural moisturizer that keeps skin soft without greasing it. The lactic acid in milk has exfoliating properties that act on the skin without irritating it.
Together, all the ingredients provide natural fats that deeply hydrate.
- 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (16 g)
- 2 tablespoons of powdered milk (30 g)
- Mix the aloe vera gel, milk and olive oil until you have an even consistency.
- Clean your face and neck with a mild soap and warm water
- Apply the cream on the face and massage with circular movements for a few minutes until completely absorbed.
- In the morning, wash your face with mild soap and warm water
If you prefer, make enough cream and store it in an airtight plastic or glass container. It is not necessary to keep it in the fridge, although it can bring a pleasant sense of freshness.
2. Avocado and egg cream
The second of our DIY night creams may not completely convince you. However, we advise you to give her a chance, since she has amazing properties.
Avocado contains polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fatty acids that protect the skin.
- Monounsaturated fats keep the top layer of the skin hydrated and give it a healthy and shiny appearance
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids protect against sun damage and inflammation, as well as protect sensitive skin
The yolk has fats and cholesterol that are ideal for the most tried and wrinkled skins. Egg white is ideal for moisturizing the skin and tightening pores.
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 raw egg
- Mash the avocado
- Add the egg and combine very well until you get a creamy consistency. If you prefer, use the blender
- Apply the cream on the clean face using circular movements
- Wait a few minutes until the cream has dried, then go to sleep
- Rinse your face the next morning with a mild soap
- Apply this cream twice a week to get hydrated skin with less pronounced expression lines
- Remember to store the cream in a clean container with a lid in a cool, dry place, preferably in the refrigerator
3. Do-it-yourself night cream with orange and yogurt
The third DIY night cream has a delicious aroma and texture. In addition, the orange peel contains vitamin A, potassium, antioxidants that fight the tired appearance and expression lines.
Instead, yogurt, lemon juice and turmeric have moisturizing and lightening properties that complement those of orange. So you will get a DIY night cream perfect for mature skin.
- The grated peel of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder (15 g)
- ½ cup of natural yogurt (100 g)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice (5 ml)
- First, mix all the ingredients in a bowl until you get a creamy consistency.
- Then wash your face with a mild cleanser suitable for your skin type.
- Wipe off excess water and apply a thin layer of cream on your face.
- Finally let it rest for 15 minutes and rinse.
- Apply the cream every night for excellent results.
Since it contains lemon, it is not recommended to leave this cream on overnight. If you prefer, you can eliminate the lemon juice to avoid irritation.
4. Honey and coconut oil cream
Honey is a great ally for the skin thanks to its antibacterial properties and its important antioxidant content. In addition, coconut oil brings a delicious aroma, softness and antioxidants.
- ½ cup of coconut oil (100 g)
- 3 tablespoons of honey (75 g)
- First put the ingredients in a bowl and mix carefully
- Then heat in the microwave until you get a liquid consistency
- Then let it melt a little between your fingertips for a few seconds before applying it to your face
- Finally, apply the cream in a circular motion from the face to the neck
- Leave it on overnight and in the morning rinse with mild soap and water
Keep this cream in a plastic container with a lid. It is not necessary to reheat it every night, it is sufficient to do it only the first time to make the ingredients mix well.