Do you often suffer from urinary infections? In addition to the treatments that your doctor prescribes, it is always good to follow adequate guidelines for your diet and, in this case, fruit is an excellent ally. Do you want to know which is the most suitable fruit?
Benefits of fruit against urinary infections
Urinary infections are a very common problem, especially among women. It is not uncommon, in fact, to suffer from annoying inflammation of the bladder and to feel burning during urination, pain in the belly and fatigue that very often leads to some fever line.
Has this happened to you sometimes? As you well know, cystitis is usually treated with antibiotics, which will be prescribed by your doctor and which you will need to take.
However, we want to help you by offering you guidelines that can allow you to complete and integrate your doctor’s prescriptions, since fruit is an adequate food in the treatment of this problem.
Why is fruit good here? Because it is rich in vitamin C in general and because it contains some natural elements that will help you reduce the bacteria present in the bladder. Its benefits are numerous. Also, here is a list of some strategies to follow, in addition to taking antibiotics:
- Drink lots of fluids: thanks to these you will purify your bladder and urinary tract.
- Herbal teas such as chamomile, cinnamon or rosemary are ideal for fighting this inflammation.
- Eat foods with antibiotic properties. Do you know what they are? Surely. Garlic, ginger, parsley… you can drink infusions of ginger or parsley in the afternoon, putting 5 sprigs of parsley in a glass of water. Boil and strain: it’s really great!
- Diuretic foods: you already know them: they are the ones that avoid water retention and help us urinate. For example, asparagus, cucumber, celery, radishes are particularly suitable …
- Avoid foods that can inflame the bladder, such as coffee or green tea.
- Avoid foods with refined flours, yeast, sweets and anything that increases water retention and does not help reduce infection.
- Drink once a day a glass of water with a tablespoon of baking soda. It will help you to cure the urinary infection.
The types of fruit suitable for treating urinary infections
Do you like blueberries? Can you find them easily in your local shop or supermarket? Always remember that when it comes to our urinary tract, blueberries are great.
As doctors and specialists say, in fact, they have great antibiotic and antioxidant properties. They increase the acidity of the urine and thus help to eliminate bacteria, which in this way do not stop in the urinary tract.
A tip: do not buy ready-made juices from supermarkets, because they do not have the active ingredients of the fruit, which are the ones that really cure, and are full of sugars. Buy blueberries and make juices at home!
Papaya is another type of acid-rich fruit that kills bacteria and takes care of our urinary system. It is a natural source of antioxidants and vitamin C.
Another factor you need to take into account is the fact that papaya is a great high-fiber detoxifier. Thanks also to antioxidants, it helps us clean the bladder, intestines and colon.
Papaya also helps us thanks to its enzymes that reduce inflammation and act as healing agents. Without a doubt, it is great for dealing with this type of problem.
3. Orange and lemon juice
As you well know, few fruits contain as much vitamin C and antioxidants as orange and lemon. The ideal is to prepare juice in the morning using two oranges and half a lemon.
Drink it little by little without filtering it, because the pulp is good for us, since it cleans our intestines. One juice a day will be enough. Later you can integrate by taking other fruits among those we are listing.
4. The benefits of pineapple
Did you know that pineapple has an anti-inflammatory enzyme that accelerates healing when you suffer from urinary infections? That’s right: it is a type of medicinal fruit that is worth taking every day the way you want it, in the form of juice or fruit salad.
5. The black grapes
Black grapes are a natural source that helps us take care of our urinary tract, almost as effective as blueberries. It tastes good and is a fruit that is pleasant to see and eat, suitable for taking every day, but especially when suffering from urinary infections.
Black grapes, being rich in antioxidants, reduce inflammation, have a diuretic effect and provide us with the vitamins we need every day! Eat it!