Green tea is a drink that has stopped being fashionable to become almost essential in any diet. In fact, we can order green tea at any restaurant or bar; alternatively, if you want, you can prepare it at home.
This drink gives many benefits to our body. In fact, of all its properties, the most famous is that of burning fat, a characteristic that has made this drink essential for those who want to lose weight.
Yet the benefits of green tea don’t end there. In fact, it is an excellent substitute for coffee, thanks to its theine content, with less invasive and longer lasting effects. In addition, it is rich in antioxidants and vitamins.
However, drinking tea alone can be boring and you may be tempted to substitute it with other, more tempting drinks.
So, prevent this from happening by choosing from the following recipes:
Let’s start with the traditional green tea recipe. If you are not used to drinking it, start drinking it naturally.
- 2 glasses of water (500 ml)
- 1 teaspoon of green tea (5 g)
- First, heat the water, but don’t bring it to a boil. So, just before it does, remove it from the fire.
- At this point, pour the drink and leave to infuse for 3 or 5 minutes maximum, as its taste could be unpleasant.
- Finally, once filtered, take it with ice if you want a cool drink.
Alternative ways to take green tea
In addition to the traditional way of taking this drink, let’s see the possible alternatives to prepare and what benefits they bring.
1. Green tea with lemon
This combination is fabulous: in fact, lemon is a fruit rich in antioxidants and vitamin C, as well as being great for burning fat.
On top of that, this excellent combination helps you lose weight and take care of your skin.
Simply add the juice of one lemon to the basic green tea recipe.
2. Green tea and avocado smoothie
By combining the energetic properties of green tea with the healthy fats of avocado, we obtain a real bomb of benefits.
- To prepare it, blend half an avocado with half a glass of green tea.
- We advise you to drink it in the middle of the morning or at lunchtime, to take advantage of all the energy it will give you.
3. With chamomile and anise
If you suffer from digestive problems, one of the best alternatives to solve them is this recipe.
Chamomile possesses digestive properties, relieving stomach pains and heaviness. In addition, anise is excellent as an anti-inflammatory.
By combining all these properties, we will obtain a natural super digestive and an excellent ally for losing weight.
- 1 liter of green tea
- A tablespoon of anise (10 g)
- 1 tablespoon of chamomile tea (10 g)
- First, heat the tea in the water and, before it comes to a boil, add the anise and chamomile.
- Once this is done, remove from the heat and let it rest for 5 or 10 minutes.
- Finally, drink immediately.
4. Green tea with mint and ginger
It is one of the most popular alternative ways to take this tea, thanks to the refreshing effect of mint.
Ginger is a powerful fat burner and metabolism activator, just like our tea.
- 1 liter of green tea
- 1 tablespoon of mint (10 g)
- 1 piece of fresh ginger
- 2 ice cubes
First, blend all the ingredients, then sip your drink and enjoy its properties!
The best times to enjoy the benefits of green tea
Once you have discovered some alternatives to take this drink, you will surely want to know the best times to take it and benefit from it.
If you want to lose weight
The best time to sip this drink, in this case, is 20 minutes before meals, as this way the tea will start burning fat before it is absorbed by the body.
If you want to boost your protein and mineral levels
Take green tea before meals, as this will help the body increase the absorption levels of magnesium, vitamin C and E.
Many people drink coffee without having eaten anything. If you are one of these people, replace your coffee with a cup of green tea.
Indeed, this drink will have the same effect as coffee, but it is not as aggressive to the stomach.
Furthermore, taking green tea on an empty stomach increases the body’s ability to make the most of all its properties.
While it is true that taking tea is good for your health, keep in mind that it is not good to abuse this drink.
- The recommended doses are a maximum of 5 cups a day if you do not take coffee. So, if you drink coffee, you will have to subtract the number of cups of coffee taken from the 5 cups of tea.
- Moreover, if you suffer from tachycardia or high blood pressure, it is good that you do not exceed two cups a day, and that you do not drink it in conjunction with medicines, without first seeking medical advice.