Do you know why it is important to insist on healthier kidneys? They play a crucial role, not only because they eliminate waste substances through urine, but also because they filter the blood and participate in the production of certain hormones.
Although we often take their functions for granted, it must be remembered that without them our organism would become intoxicated and, in a short time, the other organs of our body would begin to suffer damage.
Hence the importance of adopting good habits, avoiding as much as possible to introduce toxins and providing the kidneys with the necessary nutrients, through a balanced and complete diet.
Sources of fiber, antioxidants and enzymes are ideal for promoting detoxification of the kidneys, especially when they are already in trouble.
Today in our space we are talking about 7 great foods that help protect kidney health.
Discover them with us!
1. Red peppers for healthier kidneys
Red peppers contain diuretic and antioxidant elements which, once assimilated by our body, optimize kidney functions and stimulate the elimination of liquids retained in the tissues.
- They contain sodium and potassium, two mineral salts that must remain in balance in order to keep inflammatory processes stable.
- The vitamins and mineral salts of red pepper stimulate cell regeneration and reduce the negative effects of free radicals on healthy tissues.
- Its consumption is particularly recommended for people with kidney failure or infections, since it fights inflammation and helps maintain an adequate level of electrolytes.
Onion, a well-known vegetable with an antioxidant action, is another friendly food for kidney health.
Contains interesting amounts of quercetin, a substance that inhibits cell damage to the tissues of the heart and kidneys.
- Its supply of allicin, a sulfur substance, relieves inflammation and counteracts the formation of accumulations of toxins.
It also has antibiotic properties, ideal for preventing bacterial and viral infections.
Eggplant is known for its high content of vitamins and minerals. In fact, it is perfect for having healthier kidneys and facilitates the functions of the cardiovascular system.
- It has diuretic and detoxifying properties: it helps to dispose of liquids and toxins and prevents premature tissue deterioration.
- Its antioxidant compounds curb the deterioration caused by free radicals, thereby decreasing the risk of diseases such as kidney failure and cancer.
- Finally, it provides significant amounts of fiber, a nutrient that regulates cholesterol and helps purify the blood.
4. Dried fruit
Rich in essential fatty acids, amino acids and antioxidants, dried fruit is a healthy food and strengthens kidney health.
- Consumed in moderate quantities, it prevents inflammatory disorders and reduces the risk of premature aging.
- The vitamins and mineral salts of dried fruit favor the cleansing of the kidneys, thus preventing inflammatory states and diseases.
- What’s more, they are satiating and help control food anxiety.
5. Blue fish
Blue fish is one of the most important sources of omega 3 that we can find in nature.
- This type of fatty acid, together with amino acids and mineral salts, reduces the risk of developing inflammatory disorders and promotes cell regeneration of the kidneys.
- Eaten regularly it helps to control high cholesterol and prevents high blood pressure.
- It decreases the presence of salts and proteins in the urine and prevents the formation of stones and blockages of the kidney vessels.
This refreshing fruit contains water and antioxidants; its composition helps us to have healthier kidneys and to expel filtered waste, keeping them healthy.
- It has diuretic properties, this means that it stimulates the elimination of liquids retained in the tissues. It also helps keep inflammation under control and reduces the risk of infections.
- It is a food that prevents dehydration, strengthens cellular activity and restores balance in electrolyte levels.
This tropical fruit, which we can add to our diet in several ways, is one of the best allies of the kidneys. In short, it keeps them strong and protected.
- Pineapple contains an active ingredient known as bromelain, with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects, capable of preventing organ deterioration. So perfect for healthier kidneys
- It has a diuretic effect, i.e. it stimulates the elimination of liquids and prevents disorders such as high blood pressure or kidney failure
- It is highly recommended when you need to detoxify your blood; pineapple, in fact, helps to remove toxins, preventing the appearance of more serious complications
Do you want to start taking care of the kidneys? Bring these foods to the table on a regular basis and find out how much good they can do for kidney health.