There are several recipes for making homemade apple pie and all of them are very tasty. The great thing is that they can be made with 100% natural ingredients.
As reported in a study published in EXCLI Journal – Experimental and Clinical Sciences , apple is a very healthy fruit. In addition to providing vitamins, minerals and dietary fiber, it contains antioxidants such as flavonols and anthocyanins, which are associated with beneficial health effects.
In fact, habitual consumption of flavonols contributes to a decrease in chronic diseases, such as cancer or degenerative disorders. On the other hand, several studies indicate that anthocyanins show anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antimicrobial and anticancer effects.
In addition to the possible health benefits, apple is very easy to integrate into your diet, as it can be eaten on its own or as an ingredient in different recipes. In this case, we offer you some recipes to prepare a homemade apple pie, to be enjoyed as a snack or on special occasions. Get to work!
1. Classic apple pie
For the first homemade apple pie recipe, you can use both yellow and red apples. It is the perfect base for learning how to make a dessert, as it consists of just a few steps and the difficulty level is very low.
If you prefer, you can garnish the cake with cream. However, giving up this option will not detract from the taste of the preparation.
- 4 apples
- 1 glass of milk (250 ml)
- 3 medium eggs (180 g)
- 1 cup of oil (100 ml)
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch (30 g)
- 3 cups of cake flour (300 g)
- Vanilla essence (just enough)
- To start, we preheat the oven to 180 º.
- Next, we shell the eggs and beat them by hand together with the sugar.
- Gradually add a pinch of vanilla essence and milk to the mixture.
- Then we add the flour and beat until the preparation takes on a homogeneous consistency.
- Separately, we proceed by cutting the apples into cubes. Let’s put the hearts aside.
- We pass the apple cubes in the flour and corn starch.
- Next, we add the apples to the previously prepared mixture.
- We pour the mixture into a round mold, previously oiled and floured.
- Next, we bake at medium temperature for 25 minutes.
- After the time has elapsed, remove from the oven and let it cool to room temperature before turning out.
- Finally, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
2. Caramelized apple pie
For those who love the taste of caramel, the second of these home recipes for apple pie is certainly the most suitable. The touch of the lemon zest makes the flavor of the other ingredients more intense.
- 5 large apples
- 3 cups of flour (300 g)
- 2 medium eggs (120 g)
- 3 cups of sugar (300 g)
- 1 1/2 cups of milk (150 ml)
- Lemon zest (to taste)
- 1 cup of vegetable oil (100 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder (20 g)
- First, we put a cup of sugar with some water in a saucepan and put it in the oven until it turns caramel color. Then we set aside.
- Next, we wash, peel and cut the apples into slices. Let’s put aside the heart.
- We arrange the apples on the caramel.
- Separately, in a bowl, pour the remaining cup of sugar, eggs, vanilla and lemon zest.
- We beat everything well until the sugar dissolves.
- Then, gradually incorporate the oil, whisking at a medium speed.
- We add the flour, baking powder and milk to create a dough of medium consistency.
- We pour the mixture over the apples and caramel.
- We put in the oven, at a temperature of 180 ° C for 45 minutes.
- Let it cool and turn it over into a tray.
- Finally, sprinkle with some cinnamon to taste and serve.
3. Apple and almond cake
The third of the recipes involves the use of almonds to give the dessert a crunchy and very pleasant taste on the palate. Do you want to try it?
- 6 egg whites
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 glass of milk (250 ml)
- 4 large green apples
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon (10 g)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla (10 g)
- 3 1/2 cups of sugar (350 g)
- 2 1/2 cups of margarine (250 g)
- 5 cups of cake flour (500 g)
- 4 cups of toasted almonds (400 g)
- First, we preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Then, we grease and flour a mold of about 26 centimeters in diameter.
- Then, we wash, peel and remove the heart of the apples.
- Next, we cut them into medium pieces.
- We put the apples together with the cinnamon and a cup of sugar in a large pot.
- We keep it on high heat until the sugar dissolves and the apple is cooked “al dente”.
- We let it cool, filter the liquid and mix with milk. Let’s put the apples aside.
- With an electric mixer, mix the margarine with the rest of the sugar in a bowl.
- We add the egg yolks, one by one.
- We pour in the flour, milk and vanilla.
- We whisk at low speed and set aside.
- We beat the egg whites until stiff and pour them into the previous mixture.
- We add the apples that we had set aside and the toasted almonds.
- Finally, we cook for 45 minutes. To find out if it’s cooked, let’s pierce it with a toothpick, and if it comes out clean it’s ready.
Puff pastry apple pie
Obviously, among the recipes for homemade apple pie, one could not miss one with the pastry. The dough takes on a light and crunchy consistency with a really pleasant taste.
- 1 cup of honey (100 g)
- 3 medium apples
- 4 and a half tablespoons of sugar (45 g)
- 6 tablespoons of butter (60 g)
- 1 rectangular sheet of chilled puff pastry.
- For the decoration: powdered sugar.
- To start, we preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Then, we line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a greased and floured surface we roll out the puff pastry with a rolling pin. We cut the uneven edges and place it on the lined baking sheet.
- We pierce the puff pastry with a fork in several places, so that it does not swell too much during cooking.
- The apples, peeled and without the heart, we will cut them into thin slices and distribute them over the whole dough.
- Then, sprinkle them with sugar and spread the butter on the surface.
- We cook for 25 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden brown and the apples are tender.
- In the microwave we melt the honey for about 30 seconds. With it, we will brush the cake and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- We remove the parchment paper and let it cool to room temperature.
- Finally, sprinkle with icing sugar.
Haven’t tried these delicious homemade apple pie recipes yet? Choose the version you like best and have fun preparing them with your whole family.
Of course, moderate your consumption with small portions to avoid excess calories. Also, if you suffer from any ailments, such as overweight or diabetes, consult your nutritionist before trying this type of recipe.