When you crave something light and healthy, making a delicious tuna sandwich at home is the best option. It only takes a few minutes and a lot of creativity to enjoy an appetizing and nutritious snack, alone or accompanied.
The tuna sandwich, fresh or canned, is a nutritional alternative that everyone enjoys. For breakfast, lunch or dinner, making a delicious tuna sandwich in the tranquility of your home is an ideal, healthy and nutrient-rich option.
Delicious and nutritious tuna sandwich
Tuna is a blue fish, rich in omega 3 fatty acids, which are beneficial for the heart. It is rich in vitamins A, B and D; minerals such as phosphorus, magnesium, iron and iodine; in addition, it contains unsaturated fats that help increase muscle mass.
There is a wide variety of options to consider when serving a crispy homemade tuna sandwich. All are very fast and delicious, it’s just a matter of creativity and desire to prepare a real treat for the palate.
Natural tuna sandwich with mustard
- 1/2 stalk of celery (20 g).
- 1/4 of a red onion (10 g)
- 12 slices of tomato
- 12 slices of wholemeal bread
- 2 cans of natural tuna (200 g).
- 1/2 cup of plain yogurt (100 g)
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard (20 g).
- 2 tablespoons of grain mustard (20 g).
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (80 g)
- Arugula leaves (as many as we want).
- Put the plain yogurt in a bowl next to the two types of mustard. Stir until the ingredients are well blended.
- Drain and stir in the tuna.
- Add the cilantro, celery and onion, cut into very thin pieces.
- This mixture mixes well. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for half an hour.
- To make the sandwich, place six slices of bread on the table. Spread the mixture and put the rocket leaves and a slice of tomato.
- The other slice of bread is placed on top and a slight pressure is exerted, so that the sandwich remains very compact.
- ½ onion (15 g).
- 1 can of tuna (150 g)
- 2 slices of bread
- Mayonnaise to taste.
- 3 lettuce leaves.
- 1 ripe or greenish tomato (30 g)
- After removing all the oil from the tin, the tuna is placed in a bowl and crumbled with a fork.
- Mayonnaise is added to taste and mixed well.
- The onion is cut into slices, julienned or diced.
- The lettuce is washed well and the leaves are cut into small pieces. It mixes well with tuna, mayonnaise and onion.
- The slices of bread are heated in a toaster.
- The sliced tomato is placed on one of the slices of bread.
- The mixture is placed on the other slice and covered by pressing a little to make it easy to eat.
Tuna sandwich with asparagus
- 1 small onion (20 g)
- 1 glass of milk (optional)
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 small can of sweet corn (70 g)
- 4 raw spinach or lettuce leaves.
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise (20 g).
- 1 can of tuna in sunflower oil (150 g).
- 1 pack of asparagus heads (100 g).
- Chop the onion into very thin pieces and store in a medium bowl.
- Completely drain the oil from the tuna can. When the tuna is completely dry, mix it with the onion in the bowl. Set aside.
- Add three tablespoons of sweet corn to the mixture.
- Pour two heaped tablespoons of mayonnaise into the bowl. Mix all the ingredients and set aside.
- Wash the spinach leaves or lettuce and dry them with a cloth.
- Over low heat, in a medium pan, heat each slice of bread with a little oil, until the bread is golden.
- When the slice of bread turns golden on one of its sides, put it on a plate. Repeat the procedure with the other slice of bread.
- Put the bread with spinach, tuna filling and asparagus on the plate and cover with the other slice of bread.