Did you know that you can use lemon zest to improve foot health? Often the feet are neglected and not given the necessary care to keep them in good condition.
However, for aesthetic and health reasons, it is good to take some measures in order to take care of the skin of the feet and avoid the development of different types of infections.
Keeping them soft and good looking is synonymous with good hygiene and personal care, especially when you want to wear an open pair of shoes. The drawback is that many do not know how to take care of it and what to do so that there are no alterations.
This leads to the appearance of imperfections such as corns, cracked heels and fungal affections. Fortunately, there are several natural remedies that allow us to fight these problems and make the feet look better in a short time.
Among these we find the prodigious lemon peel, an ingredient that many throw away, without knowing its benefits. In this space we want to explain how to use it and what positive effects it has on the health of the feet. Are you curious to try it?
Lemon peel treatment to improve foot health
Most people throw out the lemon zest and have no idea of the properties that lie in it. Experts assure that it contains up to 10 times more vitamin C than juice, as well as essential oils and powerful antioxidants.
It is possible to ingest the rind in order to benefit from these goodness that can cure and prevent various diseases. However, since our focus on this occasion is another, let’s look at how to use it to heal damaged skin on the feet.
You will need …
- 1 large lemon
- 1 pair of socks
- You have to cut the lemon into two parts, so that each half fits perfectly to the heels of the feet.
- Squeeze all the lemon juice and proceed to place the fruit on the affected areas.
- Apply light pressure on the heel and make sure it fits snugly and doesn’t fall off.
- Afterwards, put on your socks and go to sleep.
- Remember that this is a treatment to do before going to sleep, as the rinds take several hours to take effect.
What is the result?
- Within two to three nights you will begin to notice a significant change in your feet. You will feel softer calluses and the cracking will begin to disappear.
- The total disappearance of these imperfections will depend on the consistency with which you apply the remedy.
Exfoliant with lemon peel and petroleum jelly to relax the feet
The combination of lemon peel and petroleum jelly is another good alternative to speed up the recovery of imperfections that affect the feet. Both create a natural exfoliant that facilitates the removal of dead skin and other impurities that cause dryness.
Petroleum jelly is one of the most recommended natural ingredients to hydrate this part of the body, as it protects the skin and keeps it hydrated.
You will need …
- 1 tablespoon of Vaseline (15 g)
- A tablespoon of grated lemon zest (10 g)
- 1 bandage
- Freeze a lemon and grate it, to obtain a powder of its zest.
- Mix this ingredient with the vaseline spoon, until you get a cream.
- Rub the product on your feet and cover them with the bandage.
- Let it act overnight; the next day, rinse immediately.
What is the result?
- By doing this treatment two or three times a week, you will get softer, hydrated and protected feet.
- You can use this treatment as an alternative to classic exfoliants.
Tips for getting better results with lemon zest
For all these lemon peel remedies to take effect, remember to wear comfortable, ventilated footwear. Most foot problems arise from continued wearing of unsuitable shoes.
After a shower and before putting on your shoes, apply a generous amount of moisturizer. If you have very large calluses, dip your feet in hot water and rub them with a pumice stone.
Finally, remember that nails also require special attention. Avoid keeping them in humid environments and protect them from fungi.