Due to lack of time, long working days, different occupations and worries, nowadays our diet is more and more superficial and full of fat. On our tables there are often pre-cooked foods that contain monosodium glutamate.
Canned foods, fizzy drinks, concentrated juices and instant soups – all unnatural foods. Fruits, vegetables and fibers are replaced by pre-cooked and high-calorie foods. There are, of course, products that make you fat more than others and it is often the ones that tempt us the most. This is not accidental, but is due to a substance known as monosodium glutamate .
Due to the current busy life, it is difficult to eat home cooked food with healthy ingredients and quick products within minutes seem to be the best option. This also happens with children, who consume more and more candy, fizzy drinks, hamburgers and fries, and the consequence is one: obesity, a problem that affects more and more people around the world.
We must learn to eat healthily and not slowly poison ourselves, investing in our health today to avoid complications tomorrow. Our body suffers from the effects of what we feed it and an improper diet has negative consequences sooner or later.
What are the foods that make you fat the most?
Here are some foods that cause faster weight gain:
- Fast food, burgers, fries, sweets, pizza.
- Pasta itself does not make you fat very much, but only if taken in moderation and without fatty sauces, for example rich in cheese.
- Processed meats and sausages, because they contain saturated fat, sodium and calories.
- Salads are very healthy, but don’t go overboard with the toppings. A salad may seem like a diet dish, but adding certain sauces increases its calories considerably.
- The frying. It is preferable to consume steamed, grilled, baked, roasted or sautéed foods. Fried foods absorb a lot of oil and bring more calories.
- The sugary drinks.
- Products based on refined flour and sugar.
- White chocolate, the variety that contains more sugar and, consequently, that makes you fat more.
Has it ever happened to you to eat a food and want more and more without being able to stop? This all has an explanation: it is the effect of a component that is added in most salty, processed, packaged, frozen, canned, fast food and Chinese cuisine. We are talking about monosodium glutamate.
It is an addictive flavor enhancer; it is for this reason that when we start eating a packet of chips we cannot stop until we finish them all.
This ingredient makes dishes delicious. A new flavor called umami ( Japanese for “ flavorful”) has even been added to define the flavor of adding this component to foods. This additive can create a real obsession with the foods that contain it, causing overweight or the appearance of health ailments such as hypertension and heart disease, among others.
Defenders of sodium glutamate claim that the negative effects attributed to it lack scientific basis. Since we cannot avoid this component as it is naturally contained in some foods, namely dairy products, meat, fish and various vegetables, doubts about its consumption concern packaged foods and quantities.
Remember, however, that we must not deprive ourselves of tasty foods, but consume them paying attention to their nutritional values and the calories ingested. Better to prefer healthier foods, so as to avoid health problems in the future.
To get rid of a pound of fat, you need to burn around 7800 kilocalories. The best option is always to choose foods that are more natural and, consequently, healthier for our body.