If there is one thing that makes cakes special it is their versatility. This is because they lend themselves to any preparation and flavor. An example of this is the orange cake that we will see today.
Cakes are so popular that there are even recipes to microwave them in 5 minutes. These are sweets that remain spongy for several days as if they were just ready. They can be eaten cold or hot.
The ideal is to prepare a cake in a square or rectangular pan, and to facilitate the preparation we can use the jars technique. So let’s see how to prepare a tasty orange cake .
How to make orange cake
It is really easy to make a cake in 5 minutes. In addition, the recipe we are about to present to you is valid for any ingredient, you just need to replace the main one, in this case the orange. For example, with lemon or chocolate.
- One natural yogurt (125 g)
- 3 eggs
- Flour (3 jars)
- Sugar (2 jars)
- 1 large orange
- Olive oil (1 jar)
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- Butter to grease the pan, or parchment paper
Depending on the flavor density you want, you can use a lighter or stronger oil. It depends on you.
Preparation of the orange cake
- Empty the yogurt pot. You will need it, so pour it into another container. The empty jar will serve as a measuring cup for the other ingredients of the cake.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Grate some orange zest and then get the juice.
- In the bowl where you poured the orange juice, add sugar, eggs, yogurt, zest and oil. Blend everything until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Now add the flour and baking powder. But first, mix them together.
- Grease the cake pan with butter. You can do it with your finger or help yourself with a brush. Also put some baking paper. With these two steps you will prevent the cake from sticking.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and cook in the oven at 180 ° C for about 35 minutes. You must consider that the irregular pans must remain in the oven 5 or 10 minutes longer than the square ones.
- Now do the toothpick test to see if it’s ready: stick the tip into the cake and if it comes out clean, then it’s ready. If not, let it cook for a few more minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Let cool before removing the cake from the pan, otherwise it will break.
- Wait for it to cool down to be able to eat it.
To present this dessert, if perhaps you have to offer it to guests, you can add candied oranges.
- 1 or 2 oranges
- 4 cups of water (1 liter)
- 5 cups of sugar (1 kg)
- To candify the oranges, you have to let them rest in a liter of water with a kilo of sugar.
- If you want to caramelize them, add them to the cake when cooked.
Preparing this cake is very simple. Remember, you can replace the orange with chocolate or lemon if you like.
- With lemon, you have to follow the same procedure: peel and peel.
- With chocolate, you just need to heat it in a double boiler before mixing it with the other ingredients, so it will be much easier to incorporate it.
- You can also add honey to recipes.