Would you like to prepare pumpkin puree to take care of the gallbladder? The gallbladder is an essential organ for achieving good digestion. Although it is well known that many people lead more or less normal lives without it, it is worth knowing more about its functions and taking care of it.
Inflammation of the gallbladder and gallstones are the most common disorders affecting this organ. This happens when bile does not work properly and when fats are not digested well in the small intestine.
When a stone blocks this duct, bile builds up and inflammation and infection occurs.
People with diabetes need to pay close attention to their gallbladder, so these simple tips should be considered.
Prepare a delicious pumpkin puree.
Pumpkin to treat inflammation of the gallbladder
Pay attention to the color of the pumpkin: it has an orange or intense yellow tone. This appetizing appearance is mainly due to the phenolic pigments and its antioxidants.
It is a vegetable that is low in calories, but rich in dietary fiber, antioxidants, minerals and vitamins that we can benefit from.
All this promotes not only the disinflamation of the gallbladder, but also its main functions by providing it with minerals.
There are many nutritionists who recommend it to reduce cholesterol and facilitate weight loss.
- This pumpkin puree provides a high level of vitamin A, one of the most powerful antioxidants that can exist. The latter takes care of the mucous membrane of the intestine, liver, bile vesicle, as well as reducing infections or fighting cancer.
- It is also an excellent source of natural compounds such as flavonoids, beta-carotene, cryptoxanthin or lutein.
- Pumpkin is a very interesting source of B vitamins, necessary for organ health and to nourish cells while protecting them from toxic and harmful agents.
- Nutritionists recommend consuming a cup of cooked pumpkin a day if you suffer from inflammation of the gallbladder.
- With just one cup, you acquire 100% of the daily requirement of vitamin A, 20% of the daily amount of vitamin C, 10% or more of vitamin E, riboflavin, potassium, copper and magnesium.
All of these are essential nutrients to take care of your health and to promote the proper functioning of the gallbladder.
Pumpkin and carrot puree to protect the gallbladder
- 500 gr of pumpkin
- 2 carrots
- 100 gr of leek
- 50 gr of onion
- ¼ liter of water
- A pinch of white pepper
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil (16 g)
- 1 sprig of parsley
- The first thing you need to do is clean the carrots and leek thoroughly. Once this is done, cut the onion and leek into julienne strips.
- In a pan, fry the onion and leek with a little olive oil. In this way, the pumpkin cream will have a more intense and tasty flavor.
- The next step is very simple: peel the pumpkin and cut it into small squares. Do the same thing with the carrots but cut them into thin slices to facilitate cooking.
- The cooking of the pumpkin and carrots will last more or less half an hour. Despite this, you have to wait for the two vegetables to reach the proper cooking, that is to say they become soft so that the cream is homogeneous and easy to eat.
- As soon as the vegetables are cooked well, let them rest for 10 minutes, so that they retain their properties better. After this time, you can blend all the ingredients.
- Add the carrots and pumpkin to the leek and onion that you had sautéed with the olive oil. You will get a very homogeneous cream without lumps.
- When it’s ready to eat, you can add some parsley or mint leaves.
How to take pumpkin puree to cure gallbladder inflammation
You can take the pumpkin puree for ten days, in the morning or in the evening. It is also a side dish that you can combine, for example, with a turkey breast (without skin).
- Remember that to treat an inflamed gallbladder, you must always eat boiled or steamed vegetables. Fruit creams or compotes (such as apples) are very healthy in this case.
- Avoid eating too hot food. They are not good in the case of an inflamed gallbladder.
- Pumpkin oil and also its seeds are indicated.
- Consume egg yolk, blue fish and dandelion teas.
- Avoid foods that are high in fat or very acidic, such as dairy products, which are difficult to digest and are inflammatory.