Would you like to learn how to prepare some delicious vitamin C rich recipes? The recommended daily allowance of vitamin C can be met through nutrition. This substance is essential as it performs several essential functions in the body.
Vitamin C intervenes in metabolic processes, is a powerful antioxidant and helps strengthen the immune system. In addition, it participates in the formation of collagen, contributing to joint health and bone health, also facilitating healing.
If you want to increase your intake, in the next few lines you will find 6 recipes rich in vitamin C which, in addition to the nutritional aspect, will add variety and flavor to your daily menu.
6 recipes rich in vitamin C
1. Pepperoni and tomato pizza
Tomatoes and peppers are natural sources of vitamin C. By combining them together, you can make a delicious low-calorie pizza.
- On the pizza base, prepared with wholemeal flour, arrange a layer of fresh tomatoes.
- Separately, cut a tomato, a red pepper and a green pepper into chunks and fry them with onion, a pinch of salt, basil and pepper. It is preferable not to overcook the sauce, so that the vegetables retain their vitamin C content.
- Spread the sauce over the pizza dough and add the cheese and oregano.
- Finally, put in the oven until cooked.
2. Fruit salad rich in vitamin C
This recipe, in addition to being extremely simple, is ideal for obtaining an extra source of antioxidants and vitamin C. Just cut the oranges, guava and pineapple into cubes; finally add some orange juice, lemon juice and honey to sweeten.
3. Sauteed vegetables, among the recipes richest in vitamin C
To prepare this dish, julienne a red pepper, a green pepper, a piece of pumpkin and an onion. Separately, peel two potatoes, cut them into slices and cook them.
Once cooked, transfer everything to a suitable container, mix and season with soy sauce, a pinch of salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder, tarragon, nutmeg and olive oil. Finally, sauté everything in a pan for a few minutes with extra virgin olive oil.
4. Radish salad
The radish salad is another of the delicious recipes rich in vitamin C. It is a simple dish that, at the same time, has antioxidants and minerals essential for well-being.
- For its preparation we start by cutting some previously washed lettuce that we will put in a bowl.
- Next, we add the sliced radishes.
- Separately, we cut the red pepper and add it to the radishes.
- Then we season with lemon juice, olive oil and salt to taste.
5. Vegetable wok
Among the foods rich in vitamin C, red pepper, green pepper and carrots stand out; a good way to enjoy these delicious ingredients is to make a vegetable wok. To prepare this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 red pepper
- 2 carrots
- 1 eggplant
- Soy sauce
- 1 courgette
- 1/2 onion
- 1 green pepper
- First you need to wash all the vegetables and cut them into thin strips.
- When they are ready, pour a little oil into the wok.
- Then, sauté the onion and carrot until golden brown, then add the rest of the vegetables. Skip it all for a couple of minutes.
- Season with salt if necessary and season with a little soy sauce.
6. Spinach and white bean omelette, the last of the recipes rich in vitamin C
The green leafy vegetables as well as legumes, are rich in vitamin C. Take advantage of their property by enjoying the following recipe.
- 300 grams of fresh spinach
- 200 grams of boiled white beans
- 2 eggs
- First of all you need to boil the spinach. To do this, bring the water to a boil in a saucepan and then add the spinach.
- Remove from the heat after 10 minutes and drain by squeezing them well to extract excess water.
- You can use boiled beans, but if you prefer to use dry ones, you will have to take care to let them soak from the day before and then boil them.
- Once the beans and spinach are ready, beat the eggs adding both ingredients. Correct with salt and, if you like it, add a pinch of pepper.
- Beat the egg until it becomes frothy and the ingredients are well blended. Then, put a little oil in a pan and, once hot, pour the mixture.
- Let it cook on one side and then flip the omelette to finish cooking.
Do you want to increase the dose of vitamin C? Don’t hesitate to include these recipes in your daily diet. As you have seen, they are all healthy and quick to prepare dishes.