Baking soda has a multitude of beneficial properties that can improve our health, ranging from personal care to relieving the symptoms of many diseases. This is why it is possible to prepare different remedies based on baking soda.
This salt, made up of carbonic acid and a hydrogen atom, will also be a great ally to lose the extra pounds that worry so much.
In this article we will teach you how to prepare different bicarbonate-based remedies , to take advantage of all the properties of this product.
It is a product that is easily found in nature, but which is synthesized on an industrial level. It is important to point out that it does not contain additives, and therefore its advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.
Baking soda remedies
1. Natural exfoliant to cleanse the skin
Baking soda is great for fighting bacteria, infections, and many of the diseases we deal with every day. The combination of bicarbonate with other ingredients is ideal for combating dermatological disorders, especially those affecting the face.
It can help us eliminate pimples and prevent them from appearing. It is very suitable for exfoliating the skin, since it frees it from all dead cells.
- 1/4 cup of baking soda (36 g)
- 1 cup of honey (preferably organic) (335 g)
- Combine the ingredients in a saucepan.
- Mix well until the honey and baking soda are perfectly combined.
- Cook the mixture in a double boiler for 15 minutes while continuing to turn it.
- Remove it from the heat and keep it.
- It is recommended to consume 2 to 3 tablespoons of this compound every day for a month. You can take it before or after each meal.
- It is essential not to exceed the month of use and to avoid the consumption of foods such as red meats, flours and sugars.
This treatment is useful for skin diseases, but it will also relieve other ailments such as diabetes, flu and kidney disease. Never forget to tell your doctor that you are taking this natural remedy.
2. Baking soda and apple cider vinegar
The use of these two natural products is not limited to the gastronomic field: both are endowed with absolutely incredible properties for the body.
Apple cider vinegar is a medicinal remedy that helps us purify and rebalance the body, as well as give relief and cure many health problems.
To make the most of the healing power of apple cider vinegar, we need to make sure it’s raw and unpasteurized. In fact, most of its medicinal properties and nutritional value are lost during the pasteurization process.
Baking soda is a common remedy for relieving stomach acid. In addition, this substance has many other beneficial properties for our health.
Consuming water, baking soda and apple cider vinegar has the following benefits:
- It balances the pH of the organism, counteracting the increase in acidity, which predisposes us to chronic and degenerative diseases.
- It prevents and treats oral disorders affecting teeth, enamel and gums.
- Eliminates toxins that accumulate in the body due to improper nutrition, contamination, stress etc.
- Promotes digestion and fights stomach acid.
- It improves the body’s natural lymphatic drainage by thinning the blood and preventing water retention.
- It improves the imbalances in blood values, such as those of high cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Reduces arterial hypertension.
- It makes weight loss diets easier, counteracting the urge to eat and improving the digestion of fats.
- Improve breathing problems.
- 3 glasses of water (600 ml)
- 6 tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar (90 ml)
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda suitable for food use (3 g)
Note: If for some reason you cannot consume apple cider vinegar, replace it with the same amount of lemon juice. In this way you will balance the pH.
- Pour the water into a saucepan and simmer, after adding all the other ingredients.
- Mix all the ingredients well until the water is lukewarm and the baking soda dissolved.
- You can drink it cold, warm or hot.
- Drink a glass as soon as you get up, before brushing your teeth, and at least half an hour before breakfast.
This is precisely the most important ingestion, since the fasting body is much more receptive to any natural remedy, and in this way you will multiply the benefits of fasting at night.
You can drink it several times a day or once in the morning. You will notice the first benefits from the first intake.
3. Gargle with baking soda and water for a sore throat
Among the remedies based on baking soda, there is also this one against sore throat. In some periods of the year, low temperatures and cold air currents become stronger and stronger. It is easy, then, to have a cold: sore throat and nasal congestion are the most evident symptoms.
Baking soda will help alleviate cold symptoms, as well as being an inexpensive and easily available remedy.
- 1 cup of warm water (250 ml)
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda (3 g)
- Heat the water over low heat until it becomes lukewarm.
- Then add the baking soda and let it rest. The water doesn’t have to be cold, but neither should it be very hot.
- Gargle with the prepared mouthwash, without swallowing it.
- Spit and repeat three more times.
You will notice an improvement immediately after gargling.
Remember that baking soda remedies are useful in many circumstances and very easy to prepare; therefore always keep it at hand.