If you have a broken lipstick that has fallen out or melted due to too much heat, don’t throw it away. In this article we suggest some useful tricks to fix a broken lipstick and not have to get rid of it.
Many women fall in love with their lipsticks for the color and texture and would never want to change them. Added to this is the cost of cosmetics, often very expensive if of good quality.
It is a real shame, therefore, that they break when they are not finished yet. Below we show you some ways to fix a lipstick .
Repair a broken lipstick
Before we show you the methods for repairing a lipstick, we will give you some tips to keep in mind so that it does not get damaged. Some accidents can be avoided, other times it’s a lack of care or a cause we didn’t think could harm him.
To avoid accidents, pay attention to:
- Don’t take it all out to apply it. One centimeter is more than enough.
- Be very careful when closing it. Many times we scratch the lipstick.
- Avoid leaving it in very hot places or in the sun, it could melt.
- Prevent it from falling to the ground.
1. Repair a two-part broken lipstick
This method is great for those cases where the lipsticks are broken into two large pieces, in fact it is complicated if one of the parts is small. It’s very simple and you just have to be patient, but the lipstick will be as good as new again.
The heat will cause its components to come together and thus the lipstick will return to the way it was before.
- 1 candle
- Red lipstick
- Wooden stick
- Light the candle.
- Remove the lipstick completely
- Very carefully, pass both ends of the lipstick you want to fix over the flame, be careful not to burn it. When they have melted a little, remove them from the flame.
- Put them together and apply light pressure. They will remain united.
- Seal the edges with the help of a wooden stick. This way it will be one piece again.
- Refrigerate for an hour to complete solidification.
Repairing a lipstick damaged by heat
When we forget our cosmetics in the car on a hot day or near a stove or in the sun, lipsticks melt, because their components do not withstand high temperatures. There is a way to recover and use them without losing texture and color.
- 1 candle
- 1 metal spoon
- Paper towels
- New small bowl
- Lean on a paper towel to avoid staining the table, as some of the lipstick may fall off.
- Light the candle
- Put the melted lipstick on the spoon and bring it close to the candle flame until it has melted and there are no more lumps.
- Pour the contents of the spoon into the container.
- With the clothespin, remove the lipstick left on the bottom of the tube and put it on the spoon to bring it closer to the flame.
- Close the container once all the material has been placed.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
3. Repair old lipstick and turn it into lip gloss
If you have any lipsticks that are broken, old or of a tone you don’t like, don’t throw them away. With a very simple method, you can get lip gloss like new. If you wish, you can add 2 drops of edible oil to give it flavor.
- 1 saucepan
- Metal container that fits into the pot
- 1 tablespoon of beeswax (15 g)
- Potato peeler
- 2 tablespoons of liquid petroleum jelly (30 ml)
- Small clean container
- Fill the pot half full with water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and then keep over low heat.
- With the potato peeler, scrape off the beeswax and place it in the smaller container.
- Add the liquid petroleum jelly and mix well.
- Add the lipstick. The amount depends on the tone you want.
- Stir until all components are dissolved.
- Pour into the container and let it cool.
With these three tips you will never lose a damaged lipstick again, in fact with simple steps you can recover it perfectly. Try it!