Regular use of chemicals, sun exposure, pollution and many other external factors increase the need to use specific treatments to revitalize the hair. Today we will introduce you to a clay and coconut oil treatment.
Although hair health also depends on nutrition and lifestyle, repair products have turned into a solution for the most common problems, such as dryness and brittle ends.
Fortunately, beyond the products on the market, there are several options of natural origin, whose regular application offers excellent results. Have you already tried the clay and coconut oil treatment to revitalize your hair? Let’s find out together.
Clay and coconut oil to revitalize the hair
Both clay and coconut oil contain nutrients that are good for hair health. Indeed, both have now become the basis of most cosmetic products that aim to restore vitality and shine to the hair.
Obviously, the beneficial properties of these two ingredients can also be exploited in their natural state, because they are easy to find and we can combine them in a single treatment. Do you know what benefits we are talking about? Let’s see them together.
Benefits of clay for hair
Clay is a natural ingredient that has become particularly popular as a cosmetic treatment for skin and hair, used in most beauty centers and spas. Its concentration of nutrients, such as aluminum silicate derivatives and colloidal iron hydroxides, make it a particularly interesting ingredient for cosmetics.
But it also contains potassium, boron, sulfur, calcium and other elements that improve the health of skin and hair. In the case of hair, clay helps to restore the keratin that is lost due to the aggression of environmental factors. In addition, it helps to:
- Eliminate excess fat and dead cells.
- Remove the impurities that block the hair follicles.
- Strengthen the scalp.
- Close split ends.
- Reduce dryness.
Benefits of coconut oil to revitalize hair
Coconut oil is one of the most widely used natural cosmetic products. Not only does it help maintain good skin health, but it makes hair stronger and fights the most frequent ailments, such as dandruff and scalp psoriasis.
It is believed that the high content of lauric acid, up to 50% of the total, makes it particularly suitable for avoiding scalp infections. This compound, with antifungal and antibacterial properties, favors the maintenance of hair proteins, which are essential for the health and shine of our hair.
In addition, the medium-chain fatty acid content helps regulate the pH of the scalp, avoiding problems such as dryness or excessive fat production. For these reasons, coconut oil is a suitable ingredient for all hair types. Other benefits of this compound include:
- Stimulates healthy hair growth.
- Helps to repair split ends.
- Fights dryness and sun damage.
- Restores the shine and vitality of the hair.
- Acts as a conditioner.
- It nourishes and moisturizes the hair.
How to use clay and coconut oil to revitalize hair
To revitalize the hair with these natural ingredients, we can prepare a mask at home. While you can find many ready-made options on the market, preparing it yourself will guarantee you the use of natural ingredients and will allow you to take advantage of all the properties of these ingredients.
Best of all, buying these ingredients separately is often cheaper than buying commercial treatments. For this, we invite you to carry out the following steps to prepare this beauty treatment at home. Are you ready?
- 2 tablespoons of white clay (30 g)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (40 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil (20 ml, optional)
- First, put the clay in a bowl.
- Add the coconut oil and mix to combine the ingredients.
- If you want, you can add a tablespoon of jojoba oil to enhance the properties of this hair treatment.
- When you have obtained a homogeneous mixture, you can apply it on the hair.
How to use
- Moisten the hair and separate it into several strands.
- Then spread the mask from the roots to the tips.
- Leave on for 20 minutes.
- After this time, rinse with plenty of cold water.
- Finally, dry and comb your hair as usual.
Are you looking for a solution to revitalize damaged hair? Don’t wait! Try this clay and coconut oil treatment. Apply it at least twice a week to notice the effects.