The knees play a very important role in our life, in fact they give us the ability to move, stability and physical strength.
However, it is one of the most delicate areas for the joints, made up of ligaments and tendons that tend to weaken easily.
Causes of knee problems
The deterioration they suffer due to age, genetic factors and trauma is just one of the factors that can generate injuries that are difficult to heal.
For this reason, it is of primary importance to strengthen them by practicing regular physical activity and eating foods with high quality nutrients.
While everyone can suffer from illness or suffer an accident that damages their knees, these good habits minimize the risks.
In this regard, today we want to recommend a very healthy drink which, thanks to the properties of its ingredients, helps improve the health of the knees.
It is a smoothie based on oats, pineapple and cinnamon, whose anti-inflammatory and antioxidant compounds allow to keep the knees in excellent condition. Try it!
Oat, pineapple and cinnamon smoothie to strengthen the knees
The oat, pineapple and cinnamon smoothie is a drink rich in vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients that help strengthen joints and prevent wear and tear.
Thanks to its intake of carbohydrates and fiber, it is an excellent option to recharge the body with energy when it is necessary to improve one’s physical and mental performance.
One of its great advantages is that it does not contain too many calories, which allows it to be included in any diet without fear of gaining weight. On the contrary, its regular intake reduces the feeling of hunger and prevents the unnecessary consumption of unhealthy food.
The main benefits of this smoothie for knee health are due to its high content of potassium, magnesium and calcium, three minerals that strengthen bone and joint health.
Among the principles provided by this smoothie, the bromelain provided by pineapple also stands out, a very powerful enzyme that participates in the digestive process of proteins and the anti-inflammatory process of the body’s tissues.
According to various studies, this substance acts as an analgesic and anti-inflammatory to reduce the symptoms of chronic diseases such as arthritis and osteoarthritis.
On the other hand, cinnamon brings an organic compound called cinamaldehyde to which anticoagulant and anti-inflammatory properties are attributed.
How do you make an oat, pineapple and cinnamon smoothie?
You can easily find the ingredients to make this medicinal smoothie in the supermarket.
In addition to those already mentioned, we will also add some honey, orange and almonds to enhance their qualities.
- 1 pineapple
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of honey (50 g)
- 1 cup of instant oats (50 g)
- 1 cup of natural orange juice (250 ml)
- 4 tablespoons of ground almonds (40 g)
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon (5 g)
- To begin with, peel the pineapple and cut it into cubes.
- Next, boil the water and add the honey.
- Cook the oats over low heat for a few minutes and then let them rest.
- Once ready, put it in the blender and add the pineapple pieces.
- Blend everything for a few moments and add the honey, the natural orange juice and the ground almonds.
- Continue blending on high speed and add the cinnamon last.
- Once ready, put the smoothie in the fridge for a few hours, so that it acquires a more refreshing flavor.
Mode of consumption
How you drink this smoothie depends on why you are taking it.
- If you have pain or sore knees, take it once or twice a day every day until the situation improves.
- If the goal is to prevent injuries and strengthen joints, include it in your diet on a regular basis, taking it roughly two or three times a week.
Finally, it’s important to clarify that the health of your knees and other joints doesn’t just depend on whether or not you have a smoothie. It is important to eat a balanced diet, free from excess sugar, fat and processed foods.
Similarly, to prevent deterioration of tendons and ligaments, one must avoid exerting too much physical effort and making inappropriate movements.