The properties of aloe vera, one of the most complete and used medicinal plants, are truly numerous.
You can find it present in different formulas and preparations that can be purchased in natural medicine shops, herbalists, pharmacies and even in some supermarkets, as there are more and more moisturizing and repairing creams that include it among their ingredients.
However, today we want to show you various ways in which you can use the gel of this plant directly, so that you too can take advantage of the properties of aloe vera.
Get the aloe vera gel
To get the gel from the leaves it is important that the plant is between 3 and 5 years of age. By the time you harvest it, the plant must not have been watered for two or three days, so that the gel is more concentrated.
You have to cut the largest and outer leaves, always close to the torso and with a clean cut. Cut a piece of about 5 centimeters in length, cut it in half again and apply it directly to the area you want to treat.
You can keep the other half of the leaf in the refrigerator, to use it later: wrap it in cling film, but keep in mind that its properties will diminish over time and that it will last a maximum of 20 days.
Properties of aloe vera
- Antiseptic : forms a film over the wounds that prevents them from coming into contact with germs.
- Skin regenerator.
Thanks to these properties, the gel is very useful when applied topically, to solve various problems.
Where to apply the aloe gel?
- On cuts, wounds or other minor skin injuries : In addition to making wounds heal faster, it reduces the marks left by scars. To make the scar disappear, apply the gel twice a day for several days, as this is a slow but very effective process.
- Burns : in addition to relieving pain, you will avoid infections and the appearance of scars.
- Insect bites : If you apply the gel immediately to the area where you were bitten, you will lessen the pain or itching and the sting will disappear faster.
- Psoriasis : By applying the gel over the rashes, twice a day for 30 days, the skin plaques will decrease, as will the feeling of discomfort.
- Acne : Constant application of the gel will help to make acne disappear and make sure that the pimples do not leave marks on the skin.
- Treatment of topical infections such as styes, herpes and athlete’s foot.
Aloe vera can also be used with excellent results after hair removal or on the skin of the face, to treat and avoid skin imperfections, such as small spots.