Birthdays, Christmas, christenings or family reunions without a special reason usually take place around a table. The menu is undoubtedly the protagonist of these celebrations and one of the most anticipated dishes for adults and children is the dessert.
So here are three perfect dessert ideas to prepare for your next family reunions. You will see, in addition to being excellent, they will satisfy the expectations of all guests.
1. Chocolate cake with walnuts and almonds for family gatherings
This is a classic and easy to prepare dessert that usually satisfies all palates; chocolate is a universal ingredient. These proportions of ingredients are suitable for 10 or 12 servings.
- 1 egg (30 g)
- 2 cups of flour (400 g)
- 1 cup of sugar (200 g)
- 100 g of walnuts (half a cup).
- 100 g of almonds (half a cup).
- 120 g of melted butter.
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder (5 g).
- ¼ cup of chocolate powder (50 g).
- 1 can of condensed milk (200 ml).
- 100 g of dark chocolate (half a cup).
- Preheat the oven to 170 ° C.
- Grease a pan, then dust it with flour.
- Then, in a deep bowl put the flour (sifted), baking powder, sugar and chocolate powder.
- Add the butter and egg and mix
- Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler and mix with the condensed milk.
- Add the walnuts and almonds and add to the previous mixture, mixing well, until you get a uniform paste.
- Pour the mixture into the previously greased mold, decorate with some walnuts and almonds.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Finally, let it cool and unmold. You can sprinkle it with powdered sugar.
2. Homemade tiramisu: the perfect dessert for family reunions
This famous Italian dessert is a classic for family reunions, cooked in much of the world; it is necessary to prepare it in advance, so that it is very cold.
- 5 eggs (150 g).
- 500 g of mascarpone
- Half a cup of coffee (100 ml).
- 120 g of sugar (half a cup).
- 400 g of ladyfingers biscuits.
- 100 g of chocolate (bar).
- 4 tablespoons of amaretto (50 ml).
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder (30 g).
- Prepare the coffee and let it cool.
- Separate the whites from the yolks in the eggs.
- In a deep bowl, beat with a whisk and mix half the sugar with the egg yolks, until you get a frothy mixture.
- Then add the mascarpone and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with the remaining sugar until snow is obtained.
- Then, gently add the egg whites to the previous mixture, with the help of a spatula and with enveloping movements, until you get a cream.
- Put the coffee, the chocolate powder and the amaretto in a bowl. Dip the ladyfingers biscuits in this mixture.
- In a rectangular bowl put a layer of biscuits and cover with half of the cream, with the help of a spatula.
- Then place another layer of biscuits (in the opposite direction to the first) and cover with the rest of the cream.
- Grate the chocolate bar and sprinkle it on top.
- Refrigerate for 4 to 5 hours.
3. Lemon mousse for family reunions
This mousse is very easy to make. It can be done in small individual portions, which makes it more fun ; it is a refreshing dessert, with a very healthy supply of vitamins.
- 4 lemons (150 g)
- 1 can of condensed milk (200 ml).
- 250 ml of whipping cream (just over a cup).
- Wash the lemons and grate some of the peel. Keep them aside. Squeeze them and set the juice aside.
- In a deep bowl, put the condensed milk, lemon juice, cream and beat at medium speed for about 5 minutes, with an electric mixer.
- Break the cookies into very small pieces or chop them in the mixer or blender.
- Prepare small individual glasses to place the mousse.
- Then put the crushed cookies on the bottom of each glass and flatten a little so that a base forms.
- Fill the glasses with the mousse and decorate with the lemon zest.
- Finally, refrigerate for at least 2 hours, although it is better to stay overnight.
There are many other simple dessert ideas perfect for family reunions; even if you are short on time, you can make delicious sundaes of ice cream with cookies, fruit and toppings. The important thing is to enjoy those moments with the family.