Whether for work reasons or for family or personal reasons, it is normal to lead a sedentary life, in which no type of physical activity or exercises are practiced for health.
You may not pay too much attention to it right now, but in the long run your body will suffer, worsening your quality of life. You can then start introducing three simple health exercises into your life . Find out in this article!
The three best exercises for health
Obesity, heart problems, cholesterol … There are many diseases that we can mitigate by practicing elementary exercises that gradually help us improve our health.
In some cases, thirty minutes a day are enough to succeed, but you have to be consistent. Test yourself and remember that a fundamental requirement to be consistent is not to exercise alone; then convince a friend or family member to accompany you.
Among the three exercises that we present to you, choose the one that suits you best and that is easier for you or alternate them on different days. The key thing is to do them every day so that it becomes a habit. Your body will be grateful to you.
The benefits of taking the stairs
It may seem strange to you, but it is true : this simple exercise is recommended by numerous studies carried out and by many cardiologists. It is an excellent way to improve heart health, strengthen leg muscles, burn calories, and achieve adequate cardiovascular flow.
In just half an hour you can lose up to 342 calories.
Dr. Roy Shephard of the University of Toronto states that only by climbing twenty centimeters stairs at a rate of twenty per minute can we obtain incredible benefits for our health, as it is certainly one of the best exercises that can be practiced.
- It lowers cholesterol levels and blood pressure, thus reducing the risk of suffering from heart disease
- Increase leg muscle power and improve cardiopulmonary endurance
- It burns calories
- Strengthen the bones
- improves circulation and muscle tone
How to do it?
- At home or even in the workplace
- Between 20-25 minutes every day
- If you get tired, do it at a slower pace, breathing deeply
- Climb step by step with your back straight, trying not to lean forward and checking in particular the work of the legs and the flexion of the feet
- If you have knee prostheses or any leg injuries, do it very slowly. If you have suffered from a heart problem, consult your doctor before practicing this exercise daily
Exercises for health: cycling
Cycling is another of the most effective and recommended exercises. If you have a bicycle and the opportunity to find a space to circulate safely, take advantage of it.
Plus, if you have the opportunity to cycle to work instead of by car, don’t hesitate. Cycling every day can have great health benefits; it is enough to do it every day for 30-35 minutes, and if in company, it will be even more enjoyable.
- Reduces the risk of heart attack by about 50%
- It prevents back pain and protects the joints. The circular movement that is carried out while pedaling stimulates the muscles of the dorsal vertebrae and strengthens the lumbar area (thus preventing the onset of a herniated disc). The knee joints also benefit, as well as protecting the cartilages
- Strengthens the immune system. By cycling and doing these simple exercises, we mobilize phagocytes, the cells that destroy bacteria in the body, eliminating all types of toxins
The benefits of walking every day
To take full advantage of this simple exercise, you need to do it every day and at a fast pace for half an hour. It is not about running, but about keeping a good pace so that our body and heart maintain excellent levels of functioning during this activity.
- Strengthens the heart, avoids heart disease and lowers cholesterol
- It allows you to keep your weight under control. As we accelerate the pace, we increase muscle mass and metabolism, and we burn more fat
- Prevents dementia and cerebrovascular problems
- Prevents osteoporosis. In fact, we stimulate the bones and strengthen them, also improving the effectiveness of the joints
- Tones your glutes and abs. To do this, you must pay attention to the posture while walking, trying to keep it straight, but in any case in a comfortable position, without leaning forward.
- Increase your vitamin D levels. Walking in sunlight you will get this essential vitamin for bone health and the immune system
- Increase energy and well-being. If you walk half an hour a day in the company of your companions or friends, it will be much more beneficial and will also be less heavy. Studies claim that walking every day reduces stress and anxiety. Breathing in the fresh air and disconnecting from obligations for a few moments is undoubtedly the best medicine we can take.
Why not get started today?