The fatty liver is the most common liver disease in the world. If you suffer from it or if a close relative of yours suffers from it, you will know for sure that , to take care of the liver, it is essential to improve your lifestyle and, above all, nutrition.
With a little effort and the right nutrients, you can fight inflammation and reduce fat levels in the liver.
The effort is worth it, you will improve your health and quality of life and the best way to take care of your liver is by starting with breakfast and choosing the healthiest options.
The benefits of taking care of the liver starting with breakfast
How does the right breakfast help cure fatty liver? First of all, it must be remembered that fatty liver or “fatty liver” is a disease that causes the accumulation of fatty acids and triglycerides in the liver, which alters the functions of the cells and inflames them.
Even if it is a benign condition, if it is not treated correctly to reverse the process, it can trigger more serious diseases.
It is not enough to improve your diet, but also to be aware of the problem, change your lifestyle and improve your habits starting with breakfast. This explains why choosing the right breakfast is so useful.
Breakfast performs three functions:
- Purify : the first thing to do is purify the liver of all the toxins that fill it, from lipids and fatty acids that alter its basic functions and inflame it.
- Strengthen : One of the best properties of the liver is the ability to regenerate. It can create new cells and tissues, healthy and strong, if we take care of it properly. Do you know how to do it? By consuming antioxidants, minerals and the right proteins that help this organ synthesize the enzymes with which it regenerates.
- Protect : The liver is one of the most important organs in the human body, but it is also one of the most vulnerable and sensitive to improper nutrition or unhealthy lifestyle habits.
The fats and toxins found in food, drugs, smoking or alcohol easily damage it. However, with the right nutrition and the necessary nutrients, it is possible to strengthen it and reverse the process of fatty liver disease.
Purifying infusions to drink at breakfast
If you have been diagnosed with fatty liver or if a relative of yours is suffering from it, there is no need to be alarmed or lose your temper. As we have already said, it is a disease that can be cured with the right remedies.
You have to accept the fact that the diet you have followed so far is wrong and harmful to the body, which means that you have to make drastic changes if you want to improve the health of your liver.
To do this, you need to start your breakfast with infusions, perfect for purifying, protecting and strengthening the liver. Infusions should be drunk on an empty stomach as soon as you get out of bed. Here are 3 different recipes to vary and prepare the infusion of your choice every day.
1. Artichoke infusion to purify and protect
- 2 artichokes.
- 1 liter of water.
- The juice of 1 lemon.
- The first thing to do is to boil the water and then add the 2 artichokes. Cook them until softened well, drain and set aside the cooking water. This drink is an excellent medicinal remedy for fatty liver.
- Keep the water in a glass bottle and add the lemon juice. Drink all the artichoke water throughout the day. The first glass should be consumed on an empty stomach as soon as you get up. Very easy!
2. Dandelion infusion to purify and protect
- 20 grams of dried dandelion.
- 1 glass of water (200 ml).
- 20 gr of lemon zest.
- Start by bringing the water to a boil. Then, add the dried dandelion and lemon zest. Cook for 15 minutes, then remove from heat and leave to infuse for another 10 minutes. Strain the infusion and drink it while it is still hot, one sip at a time.
3. Milk thistle infusion to purify and protect
- 20 grams of milk thistle ready for infusions (you can buy it at a herbalist’s shop or in specialized pharmacies).
- 1 glass of water (200 ml).
- Preparing this infusion is as simple as it is fast. Just boil the water and, once it reaches a boil, add the milk thistle ready for the infusions, on sale in herbal medicine. Leave to infuse, filter and drink on an empty stomach.
The best foods to eat for breakfast
1. Fiber, essential nutrients in the everyday diet
- A cup of oats.
- A slice of rye bread with a little olive oil.
- Corn flakes without sugar.
2. Omega 3 fatty acids to protect the liver
- The yolk of the egg.
- Flaxseed oil.
- Flax seeds.
- Chia seeds.
- Sage seeds.
- Walnuts and hazelnuts.
3. Fruit to purify and take care of the liver
Finally, remember that at breakfast you can always drink a cup of coffee which, as you know, is great for taking care of the liver.