Tinnitus affects the ear canal, so it can affect human balance and listening skills. Very often the causes remain unknown as it is a temporary condition. It is possible to treat tinnitus with totally natural remedies.
If you often suffer from this disorder and don’t know how to fix it, this article is for you. Below we present some useful natural remedies with which to treat tinnitus .
What are tinnitus?
Tinnitus are buzzing sounds. However, these are acoustic hallucinations caused by the body. These sounds are produced inside the ear, to be exact in the ear canal, involving the different parts that compose it.
It is considered a disease that affects men and women equally, regardless of age. It is not considered serious and a small percentage suffer from it. In any case, it requires at least a preliminary medical examination.
What is the cause of tinnitus?
Tinnitus can occur for several reasons. One of them is the presence of excess ear wax . In others, they may be caused by benign tumors, but this is minimal.
But also from exposure to very loud sounds. We are not necessarily talking about music, but also about places with a high rate of noise pollution. For example, watching fireworks or working as a pilot without resorting to appropriate protection are practices that favor the appearance of this condition.
Various diseases involving other parts of the body can be the cause of this condition. These include hypertension, hypothyroidism or cardiac arrhythmia.
In the case of pulsating tinnitus, it is due to diseases that affect the organs located near the ear. Therefore the discomfort can appear more frequently.
5 natural remedies to treat tinnitus
Home remedies to treat tinnitus will help you keep this disorder under control. They have ingredients that are not harmful to the ears and are easy to prepare.
1. Garlic and sesame oil
Garlic is an anti-inflammatory, so it calms internal inflammation and fights infection. We can also use it as a preventive measure.
This remedy is very simple, in fact just apply a few drops inside the ear.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil (30 ml)
- Grind the garlic so that you can toast it in a pan with the sesame oil.
- Let it rest and, once cold, put two or three drops inside the ear.
2. Ginkgo biloba
Ginkgo biloba leaves have anti-inflammatory effects that promote circulation. They therefore improve the auditory system.
- 3 ginkgo biloba leaves
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Heat the water over medium heat along with the ginkgo biloba leaves and bring it to a boil.
- Let it rest and consume during the day.
Onion has antibiotic properties. Its natural juice cleans the ear canal and prevents the appearance of infections. In this case it is possible to prepare a solution that can be applied directly into the ear.
- 2 onions
- Cut the onion into small pieces and heat it until you get a juice.
- Put 2 or 3 drops inside the ear.
- Tilt your head when finished to take out the debris.
Basil leaves have anti-inflammatory properties. This remedy is very effective for treating tinnitus and reducing buzzing. Again, it is possible to prepare a liquid solution with the essence of the plant and apply it in the form of drops inside the ear.
- 10 basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons of water (45 ml)
- Grind the basil until it releases its juice.
- Heat it with a little water, so that the juice obtained becomes clearer.
- Apply two or three drops inside the ear.
5. Poleggio mint
Mint leaves are widely used to treat tinnitus, as they have relaxing effects and fight nervousness. These properties are able to calm the activity in the ear canals that can cause these unpleasant noises.
- 3 sprigs of mint
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Heat the water together with the mint and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Put two or three drops inside the ear with a dropper.
Thanks to these natural remedies, it is possible to treat tinnitus and recover hearing easily and without having to resort to chemicals. At the same time, we must avoid exposing ourselves to the causes of the problem.