Turmeric is a very popular spice all over the world, with a bright yellow color and a very particular flavor. Native to Asia, this spice holds a prominent place among the most beneficial ingredients in the world.
In addition to being a powerful anti-inflammatory, it is rich in antioxidants and other nutrients that help prevent and fight various diseases. This spice has been used for centuries in gastronomy to give flavor and color to dishes.
However, since ancient times, various cultures have also used it for different medicinal purposes to produce cures and treatments for pain and disease.
One of the oldest remedies, and one that is becoming very popular today, is to mix turmeric with bee honey. It is a very powerful combination that, thanks to the high concentration of nutrients, strengthens the body and keeps us healthy.
How does this remedy work?
Turmeric and honey are two natural ingredients that have always been used for their anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and analgesic action, able to control various types of pain and diseases that affect our organs. To better understand the immense benefits of this natural remedy, we must first explain the benefits of its two ingredients.
Benefits of turmeric
The active ingredient of turmeric, curcumin, gives this spice its distinctive color, but especially l and its amazing properties beneficial to health. Curcumin exerts an anti-inflammatory and analgesic action that helps fight various types of pain, as well as curbing inflammation mediators.
Its antioxidants are similar to vitamins C and E and block the action of free radicals, which can be the cause of chronic diseases such as cancer and premature aging. In general, turmeric is used for:
- Relieve arthritis symptoms and muscle aches.
- Fighting various pathogens such as Sarcina , Gaffkya , Corynebacterium and Clostridium and also some types of fungi.
- Protect the brain.
- Strengthen the immune system.
- Tone and protect the liver.
- Prevent and reduce the impact of various types of cancer.
Benefits of honey
The second ingredient of this natural treatment is honey, a very popular product all over the world for its sweet taste and many health properties.
Honey has antiseptic, fortifying, calming, laxative, diuretic and antibacterial properties, which have been studied for years to understand all the benefits they imply for health.
This ingredient is considered to be the best natural antibiotic in the world, as it has been shown to destroy different types of microorganisms. Furthermore, honey can be useful for:
- Relieve flu and cold symptoms, such as nasal congestion and sore throat.
- Strengthen the immune system to fight off harmful viruses and bacteria.
- Treat and prevent infections.
- Accelerate the skin healing process.
- Regulate the intestinal flora.
- Improve digestive health and fight ulcers.
How do you prepare the turmeric and honey remedy?
The mix of turmeric and honey is also known in natural medicine as “golden honey”. It is a natural remedy with great anti-inflammatory properties that improves the body’s defenses and helps cure various diseases. It is perfect for relieving the symptoms of flu, cold and joint pain.
- 100 gr of bee honey.
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric (15 g).
Mix a tablespoon of turmeric powder with 100 grams of 100% organic bee honey. Mix both ingredients until smooth and then pour the golden honey into a resealable glass jar.
To combat the symptoms of flu and colds, we recommend that you ingest half a teaspoon of golden honey every hour during the first day of illness, then reduce the dose to half a teaspoon every two hours. If you can’t stand the sweet taste, you can dilute it in a glass of water.
- Avoid using this remedy in case of bile diseases, as turmeric causes a contraction of the gallbladder.
- Against respiratory ailments, we recommend that you ingest 3 tablespoons of golden honey a day for a week.