Many people fear being tempted by small pleasures for fear of gaining weight. With the recipes we’re about to share, you won’t have to feel guilty anymore. Find out how to prepare alpine yoghurt at home, quickly and easily.
We offer you three variations of the recipe that we will describe step by step, in detail. Read on!
The history of this food is thought to date back to the Turks, since at that time the nomadic populations transported milk in leather bags. Due to the heat, the acid bacteria multiplied and the milk turned into a semi-solid and coagulated dough.
The yogurt of the alps is a skimmed yogurt, with 0% fat, a source of calcium, magnesium, potassium, vitamin D and enriched with probiotics. Among its many benefits, it helps reduce lactose and cholesterol intolerance and strengthens the immune system.
It is a fermented food starting from milk derivatives and semi-solid cultivation, produced by homogenization and pasteurization. Famous for its creaminess, versatility and because it contributes to the well-being of the digestive system.
If you are looking to keep fit or shed extra pounds, this yogurt is a safe choice. Not only will you take care of your shape, but you will also nourish yourself in a healthy way, assimilating nutrients that are very often absent in other foods.
How to prepare the yoghurt of the alps?
Recipe N ° 1
You should know that yogurt contains live cultures, or probiotics that strengthen the body and protect it from harmful bacteria. And as strange as it may seem, it is one of the most complete foods. What is the best version of this food?
- 1 pack of skimmed milk (950 ml).
- 2 tablespoons of whole milk (30 g)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence (5 ml)
- 1/2 cup apple, of your choice (100 g)
- First of all you have to pour the milk into an oven mold.
- Then, put it in the oven or microwave to heat it to about 45 ° C for 5 minutes.
- After this time, remove the mold from the oven and pour the milk into a ceramic container.
- Add the apple pieces to the milk and mix well (optional step).
- Once this is done, add the teaspoon of vanilla essence and mix again.
- Close the ceramic container and wrap it in a rag, then proceed by storing it in the oven for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, keep the container in the fridge for 5 hours, so that the yogurt solidifies. Serve the yogurt.
- You can add nuts or seeds that you like best.
Recipe N ° 2
As mentioned, yogurt contains bacteria called probiotics, which are ideal for the gastrointestinal tract. These bacteria attack, block and neutralize toxins, purifying the body. In short, it is a highly nutritious food, and absolutely to be consumed.
You have to be careful when buying yogurt from the Alps at the supermarket, because in most cases they are processed products with high quantities of sweeteners, which worsen the quality of the product. Always look for natural, sugar-free yogurt.
- 1 cup of plain yogurt (225 ml).
- 4 cups of skimmed milk (1 l)
- 1 tablespoon of whole milk powder (15 g)
- Cook the milk in a saucepan over low heat and add the spoonful of powdered milk, so that it thickens.
- Then remove from the heat and pour the cup of yogurt into the pot. Mix well to get a creamy consistency.
- Keep the mixture in a container (preferably glass or ceramic) and put it in the oven, turned off, for 24 hours.
- Once the indicated time has elapsed, put the container in the fridge and let it cool for 3 or 4 hours.
Recipe N ° 3
Most probiotic milk producers sell their products at nearly five times the price. For this reason, the ideal is to make your own yogurt from the Alps. You will see that it will be cheaper and more fun.
- 4 cups of skim milk (1 l).
- 1/2 cup of natural Greek yogurt (100 g)
- 1 food thermometer
- Pour the milk into a saucepan and heat up to 80 ° C.
- Use a thermometer. If you don’t have one, use your finger; if you can bear the temperatures of milk for 5 seconds, then it means that the temperature is optimal.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Then, pour the boiling water into a glass container to heat the surface.
- Remove the water from the container and pour the milk with the yogurt. Mix well to get the probiotic agents activated.
- Once this is done, put the mixture aside, in a dark bag that you will close and put in the oven without turning it on. Let it sit for 12 hours.
- After the indicated time, remove from the oven and put the glass container in the fridge for two hours. Your yogurt is ready to serve.
Do you want to prepare these variations at home? In addition to being delicious and versatile, they are suitable for taking care of your digestive and immune health.
Choose the recipe that appeals to you the most and follow the instructions to get the desired result. Do not forget that you can consume it both for breakfast and as a snack and dinner. Really a delight!